Daily Chronicler...
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brandy
Device
iPhone 6
Onsite
Project Page
Love the new true tone flash!! And my new iPhone all together. The speed truly is amazing! And fingerprint sensor, although it's more of a novelty right now for me...I believe it will become very useful in the future for all types of things. If I were working in a public place the fingerprint sensor would be more useful for me! But just being here at home it simply keeps curious kids out of my phone :) I have yet to get outside and really experience the true awesomeness of the new camera....but planning on getting out later if it warms up.
image.jpg

My son giving a fake smile. Native iPhone camera with true tone flash
image.jpg

image.jpg

A couple PopKicked images trying out the app speed on new iPhone.

I need to call the Apple store and tell the manager what a good job the fellow who set me up last night did. He ended up staying 30 mins past closing to get me set up on my new toy. All the while he was helpful and friendly. Thought I was eligible for an upgrade...disappointment set in when I found out I wasn't. :-( but he suggested I just trade in my current 5.....got $245 credit for trade in plus I had a $25 gift card I got from some awesome fellows ;-) with all that the cost ended up being within a few dollars of what the upgrade would've been. Sooo...my hubby was disappointed he didn't get to inherit my "old" 5, he's still on his old faithful 4, but he is ok with it since he doesn't use his phone near as much as I do. :) and happy wife, happy life is our motto here. Lol! Happy Sunday everyone!! Definetly happy here!

@lookingGlass79 - That's awesome Brandy, so pleased you have you new precious and are already finding it superior to the outdated 5... :notworthy:

Believe it or not I have not yet tried the flash on mine yet... :barf:

Makes note to self, must try i5 Flash modes... :rog:

Enjoy exploring your new toy's capabilities Brandy, I am sure we will be seeing the results soon... :D

I haven't used the flash either.

The TouchID however is already one of my favorite features. I had my last phone set to auto-lock after an hour to avoid having to enter my pin every time I wanted to do something. Now, I just pick it up and BAM!

The new flash is greatly improved, as ably demonstrated here by Brandy & her cute lad :thumbs: Helped a lot by the fact that the sensor and lens suck light much better than the previous gen.

My phone isn't faster than yours now Brandy :confused: :lol: My iPad Air ... :zip:
Ah yes my phone is now just as awesome as yours sir ;) And hey if ya wanted to we could always just trade iPads....my 4 for your Air? :rolleyes: That way I would be ahead for once.....if only briefly. Otherwise I'll be lagging behind you until wonderful "tax time" when my beloved 4 will be sold and I'll upgrade to the Air myself!! I did play with it while in the Apple store and I am very eager to get my fingers on it! Will only be a few months though and I'll have my phone to keep happy til then!:mad::p:D

So glad to hear you are loving the new phone! Anxious to see more of your images! (BTW, your little one is precious!)

So glad to hear you are loving the new phone! Anxious to see more of your images! (BTW, your little one is precious!)
Thank you Lisa! I spent most of the day yesterday out with my kids....just the 3 kids and myself, quite an adventure with two 3 yr olds. Lol! But we went to a playground, then went for a hike, all the while I was snapping pics! I really put the new camera through the paces yesterday and got some really lovely shots. Even got some shots and video of an elderly man fly fishing. What an awesome thing to sit and watch! First time I've seen it done in person. The pictures I took even show the fishing line curling and whipping the air! Will post some of them soon as I can look through them and pick out my favs.

Thank you Lisa! I spent most of the day yesterday out with my kids....just the 3 kids and myself, quite an adventure with two 3 yr olds. Lol! But we went to a playground, then went for a hike, all the while I was snapping pics! I really put the new camera through the paces yesterday and got some really lovely shots. Even got some shots and video of an elderly man fly fishing. What an awesome thing to sit and watch! First time I've seen it done in person. The pictures I took even show the fishing line curling and whipping the air! Will post some of them soon as I can look through them and pick out my favs.
It sounds like you had a fabulous day with your children! Can't wait to see the pics!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Taken at one of my favorite places in Memphis to take photos. The Grotto in Memorial Gardens. Not just my favorite place but everyone else's too apparently, while I was there snapping a few shots I noticed 3 other professional camera guys shooting portraits out here. I'm very happy with the amazing shots my 5S took!!

View attachment 45649
View attachment 45650
Taken at one of my favorite places in Memphis to take photos. The Grotto in Memorial Gardens. Not just my favorite place but everyone else's too apparently, while I was there snapping a few shots I noticed 3 other professional camera guys shooting portraits out here. I'm very happy with the amazing shots my 5S took!!

Beautiful composition... I really like the strength of the lighting. It adds, not distracts, from the images.

Beautiful composition... I really like the strength of the lighting. It adds, not distracts, from the images.
Thank you! I was trying to get the rays captured just right and I was so happy when I seen the results. I ended up with quite a few of these shots some with the focus on the flowers, some with the focus on the fountain that's in the background...I like them each for their differences so I kept quite a few, just store them in Flickr and keep on shooting!
Love my Flickr account! Think there's over 8,000 photos uploaded to it currently. That's how I survive with a 16g iPhone! That and I do most of my editing on my 64g iPad. I go out, take lots of pics, upload the ones I want to keep, then delete them off my phone. Ended up with 132 kept photos from my outing Saturday with the new phone. :)

@lookingGlass79 - I love the experimenting you are doing Brandy... :notworthy:

Brilliant examples from your first outings and all different, the dimension added by using the awesome flash is excellent... :thumbs:

And I am in total awe at your discipline in your workflow, no way can I do that and ALL my iMages stay firmly on my iPhone, even if they are also in iPhoto, Flickr and anywhere else... :rog:

Thank you for sharing these images! You are putting the new camera through its paces and getting some fabulous shots. Well done!

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

There was a wind storm here yesterday and now my front yard is yellow! It's pretty, looks like its on fire, Fall fell in my yard!! :) happened to a lot of the neighborhood trees though and now there's leaves everywhere! No more pictures of the pretty leaves on the trees here, Fall came and went pretty fast this year. Glad I did get some pictures before this happened though. Luckily my Japanese Maple still has basically all of its red leaves, behind the yellow. If anyone knows the name of this yellow leaf tree I'd love to know! The leaves are green all year until Fall and are a neat shape I'll post a pic of a leaf.

image.jpg

Here is a picture of the leaves that now cover my yard! Have another of these trees in my backyard as well. My favorite of the all the trees in my yard! And I have too many...Oak, maple, Japanese Maple, Bradford pear, azalea, Fig, Crape Myrtle, some type of small crabapple tree...it's just like a forest here! Lol! But I don't know the name of this type of tree....

View attachment 45701
Here is a picture of the leaves that now cover my yard! Have another of these trees in my backyard as well. My favorite of the all the trees in my yard! And I have too many...Oak, maple, Japanese Maple, Bradford pear, azalea, Fig, Crape Myrtle, some type of small crabapple tree...it's just like a forest here! Lol! But I don't know the name of this type of tree....
Ginkgo! Love this tree and this photo!

So many great photos you've taken...and the flash is pretty amazing in low light. Looks like you're having a fab time with your new Precious! :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom