No Information

lazaro

image.jpg

Sometimes there just isn't...

VividHDR/snapseed/altphoto

@lazaro - Too often in my humble opinion... ;)

Great monotone Laz, really liking the minimal depth of field... :notworthy:

:D

I love this. Its really not often that I spend so much time looking at a pic with this much neg space, but its so well used here.

Thanks. Yes. Great eye. From a purely technical side negative space is as important to making images as mass and volume. In fact, I don't think I really started to see things until I started observing the space between (or without) and it's relationship to the "subject." Often times I decide that I want the negative space to be the subject, or to at least equal the subject, especially when in Southern California, where the true nature of this place is a kind of unique human isolation, of lonesome figures in vast spaces, I've never felt in quite the same way nor as intensely anywhere else. In fact it's not just want, this loneliness of humans in space simply creeps into the work by osmosis. It's so important to me that I kind of dislike the term "negative space," as if it doesn't matter, it's just taking up room. It's all important.

How about "dead space" ? :eek::p

But seriously, I hear you. I think 'fill the frame' is sometimes misunderstood to simply mean fill the frame with 'stuff' and no 'space'. I think that needs to be tempered with whatever the visual equivalent of 'music is as much about the spaces between the notes, as the notes themselves'.

How about "dead space" ? :eek::p

But seriously, I hear you. I think 'fill the frame' is sometimes misunderstood to simply mean fill the frame with 'stuff' and no 'space'. I think that needs to be tempered with whatever the visual equivalent of 'music is as much about the spaces between the notes, as the notes themselves'.

I only wish it hadn't taken me 20 some years to discover this. But nobody can tell you anything, you have to figure it for yourself. Ha!

Thanks. Yes. Great eye. From a purely technical side negative space is as important to making images as mass and volume. In fact, I don't think I really started to see things until I started observing the space between (or without) and it's relationship to the "subject." Often times I decide that I want the negative space to be the subject, or to at least equal the subject, especially when in Southern California, where the true nature of this place is a kind of unique human isolation, of lonesome figures in vast spaces, I've never felt in quite the same way nor as intensely anywhere else. In fact it's not just want, this loneliness of humans in space simply creeps into the work by osmosis. It's so important to me that I kind of dislike the term "negative space," as if it doesn't matter, it's just taking up room. It's all important.
Love the shot... (and a new fave app trio that I've been drawn to lately!)

This discussion is intriguing! I like the challenge posed here regarding taking photos with less "stuff" and more thoughtful space. Would you be amenable to other MobiPeeps contributing to this thread... But only shots that have a significant amount of important negative space?

:sneaky:

Love the shot... (and a new fave app trio that I've been drawn to lately!)

This discussion is intriguing! I like the challenge posed here regarding taking photos with less "stuff" and more thoughtful space. Would you be amenable to other MobiPeeps contributing to this thread... But only shots that have a significant amount of important negative space?

:sneaky:

Always, Rose! Anything that gives peeps the opportunity to experiment, play, and the permission to explore their world in new ways they maybe haven't tried I am down with. I seem to be moving away from processing and more and more trying to keep the image from the moment true to that moment, thus my app list is becoming smaller and smaller for better and worse... :). At the same time, in certain situations I'm really playing with depth of field and center focus, trying to create it with subtlety and nuance when the image calls and allows for it. DOF is one of the last great challenges, I've found, in "natural" mobile photography as their is no holy grail yet in creating it.

Great!! :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing what everyone contributes, and I am looking forward to trying to capture some "empty yet full" shots.

Back
Top Bottom