MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
One Useful Thing is a blog that started as a place to recount academic research in a form useful to ordinary humans. Lately it's been focusing on artificial intelligence, specifically on how the AIs available today can be useful to people and what different AIs are and aren't good for. A good place to start is the post How to use AI to do practical stuff: A new guide.

There is an RSS feed for the blog also.

Thanks for this. I would like Chat-GPT to help me with my song of the day posts, giving me some text I can tweak that includes some facts; highest chart position, year, album title, composer, interesting fact about the artist, etc. Just a quicker way to compile these facts would help me save time immensely. But this article tells me it can’t really do that right now. :facepalm:

Following (musing) on from your comments in Jerry’s thread about AI and the teaching/learning of writing . . . I was wondering if those clunky plagiarism-detection mammoths like Turnitin would detect a purely AI essay. When the AI bot generates the piece, at what point is it trackable? Is it stored somehow in the bot’s hardware?

(Scuse my tech-naive, there’s a logic in there somewhere )

Turnitin would detect a purely AI essay.
Turnitin's AI detection went live on April 4th. I've not seen it in action yet but I have a chatgpt account so should probably test it.

Our higher education department were interested in as much as they wanted to update their unfair practice policy in time for the switch on.

We have a link from our virtual learning environment to the policy so any student uploading work can read it should they want to. Whilst looking into the update I realised the link no longer worked and hasn't since sometime probably before covid. If anyone noticed they clearly didn't care enough to tell anyone that could do anything about it.

As an aside, me and my mate at work have been getting chatgpt to write jokes, unrequited love songs, internal press releases, email responses to difficult people and delicate situations and last week I got it to create me an intermediate level scheme of work for Excel I can deliver to commercial partners. Fun stuff. :drool:

Clipboard01.jpg

Turnitin's AI detection went live on April 4th. I've not seen it in action yet but I have a chatgpt account so should probably test it.

Our higher education department were interested in as much as they wanted to update their unfair practice policy in time for the switch on.

We have a link from our virtual learning environment to the policy so any student uploading work can read it should they want to. Whilst looking into the update I realised the link no longer worked and hasn't since sometime probably before covid. If anyone noticed they clearly didn't care enough to tell anyone that could do anything about it.

As an aside, me and my mate at work have been getting chatgpt to write jokes, unrequited love songs, internal press releases, email responses to difficult people and delicate situations and last week I got it to create me an intermediate level scheme of work for Excel I can deliver to commercial partners. Fun stuff. :drool:

I could use some help in writing replies to difficult people…….I can be quite non-tactful.

Meantime, I have used my phone to bump the little pay thingie at supermarkets and petrol stations more times than I can count — and a couple of weeks ago I ordered coffee by scanning the QR code.
Who says older people can’t keep up with digital technology ?

Meantime, I have used my phone to bump the little pay thingie at supermarkets and petrol stations more times than I can count — and a couple of weeks ago I ordered coffee by scanning the QR code.
Who says older people can’t keep up with digital technology ?
:mobibabe:

I have a intermediate excel course outline to produce at work and it's not something I'm very good at without a large dollop of self doubt and some anxiety. So today I fed an example customer service course outline I was given into ChatGPT and asked it to rewrite it for the subject of intermediate Excel. Did a bang up job and included terminology I had to look up. Turns out I know the concepts, just not the terminology so ChatGPT did my job and threw in a little educational extension for me.
How do I become a prompt influencer? :drool:

Back
Top Bottom