Overwhelmed

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
You'll have to forgive me if I seem a little bewildered. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop (trans. 'candy store') not quite knowing which way to turn, astonished by the delights on display. I have been looking for an iphoneographers' community on the web for ages and suddenly two opportunities come along at once. The first was when I found your excellent iPad app in the App Store and now I have discovered the web site. Amazing.

I am a photographer from a long time back. Initially with chemicals, then digital and now I have been re-energised by iphoneography. I'm looking for inspiration, advice and the company of like-minded individuals. It looks like I may have found them all here.

Hiya Richard and a very warm welcome indeed to MobiTog's iPhoneography Community... :thumbs:

Indeedy we ARE right up your street, we are all fanatics and extremeley like-minded (some would say obsessive!) when it comes to iPhoneography, though many of us, me included, still have much to learn about our art form! Our commitment and desire to learn, help and provide a platform for everyone, about everything iPhoneography could not be more sincere, or overwhelming... ;)

Thank you for your very kind words about the Community and our new App, so far, take a look around and let us know what you really think in due course?

If you need any assistance, guidance or just plain old help, just shout up and we will do our best!

Thanks again for joining our awesome and growing membership,

Rog... :D

Hi Venomator, thanks for the warm welcome. I've just spent a couple of hours trawling through the forums and am impressed with what I saw - maybe more like intimidated. A quick question already (since I could not find an 'about' section); what are the origins of MobiTog? I get a sense that a lot of Brits are involved. Is that a clue? I'm sorry that I was unaware of your existence until 24 hours ago but I'd like to catch up quickly. Thanks.

Hiya Richard... 'About" ...now there is something we have not given thought to before but, clearly, there may be a need!

MobiTog was originally formed to serve the growing Mob-ile Pho-Tog-raphy community, as we did not, at that time, wish to be exclusive of other brands of mobile camera. In fact, the original MobiTog site did include sections for Android machines, apps, accessories and stuff!

However, the real action and growing phone-omenon is quite obviously the iPhone with a side interest in iPod Touch and iPad activities.

So, earlier this year, Matt (Smooth) Cooper and me agreed a redirection and rejuvenation were called for to concentrate on the majority interest of our community, the iPhoneography and iPhoneArt artists of all levels and experiences!

MobiTog (2.0) is the result of those months of discussion, heartache and candle burnings from all ends...

From our original 'About' bits & pieces that may give you further insight...

MobiTog is, therefore, THE iPhoneography Community dedicated to iPhoneography, for those who use their iPhone for photography and photographic art...

MobiTog is comprehensively committed to the iPhoneographer who takes their art seriously but has fun doing so!

MobiTog provides a free, community based forum where iPhoneographers may share their images and experiences in iPhone Photography with like-minded artists, wherever in the world they may be...

MobiTog's stated mission is to promote and encourage quality images from iPhoneography and iPhoneArt as a serious way to enjoy taking and sharing photographs and discussing all aspects of iPhoneography - come and join the iPhoneography revolution!

Hope that helps understand where we are from and where we are going... :thumbs:

Thanks for your interest Richard and stimulating further thought on our community!

Rog... :D

Hello there Richard :)

First up - welcome :thumbs:

Second - thank you for finding us! We put a lot of work (especially Rog) in going out to find iphoneographers and get them involved in Mobitog, but it is fantastic news that we are getting out there with the app also and finding dedicated and passionate people like yourself through it.

Rog has covered our 'About' perfectly.... we are a relatively new community - but a thriving one, and one which we hope will continue to be a fun, informative and warm community of iphoneographers that will grow and become a major presence in the world of iphoneography.

We and I hope you like it here - and that we see lots of your work... (just off to comment on your first now!).

Anyways, I will stop rambling on.... Welcome.... and happy shooting. :thumbs:

Matt

Back
Top Bottom