PaintFX: New Kid on the Block

Mansi Bhatia

MobiAddict
Real Name
Mansi
I'm trying out PaintFX, a new app that allows for selective effects to be applied to parts of an image. Loving the intuitiveness and ease of use and also the various filters. Here are a couple of images that were processed primarily with this app. Anyone else tried it, yet?

image-3771073025.png
image-2995869174.png
image-2731271397.png
image-1947474008.png
image-1749764712.png
image-723496281.png

I have it but haven't really worked with it yet. These are great shots - you've inspired me to give it a go!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

These are fantastic shots Mansi - I was going to buy it but it got slated in the comments in iphoneography.com and Glyn hasn't reviewed it yet. Is it still very low resolution?

I'm trying out PaintFX, a new app that allows for selective effects to be applied to parts of an image. Loving the intuitiveness and ease of use and also the various filters. Here are a couple of images that were processed primarily with this app. Anyone else tried it, yet?

View attachment 9814View attachment 9815View attachment 9816View attachment 9817View attachment 9818View attachment 9819

Great set Mansi,
I love that app to I'm using it also, I saw the review at Iphoneography and went for it, is just like you say very easy and user friendly, I love the effects and the easy way you apply them.

LOL you guys are costing me!! I wasn't going to get it coz of the bad comments, but if you guys say its good then that is good enough for me!

LOL you guys are costing me!! I wasn't going to get it coz of the bad comments, but if you guys say its good then that is good enough for me!
Ok Veevs I promise you would like, after all you are the queen of painterly.

These are fantastic shots Mansi - I was going to buy it but it got slated in the comments in iphoneography.com and Glyn hasn't reviewed it yet. Is it still very low resolution?
Thanks, Vivi. I think the resolution is ok ... you won't get an 8MB image, but a 4-5MB one works just fine for me. Plus, I always mix in other app effects to bump my image size anyway :p

I put a watch in app shopper on this earlier today and just received notice that the price dropped to .99.

Apple has included this app in their "App Store Essentials (for) Camera & Photography" list, which means they really like the app as well :) And now that it's only 99 cents, Vivi, shop away!!!

I do find it funny that we app shoppers are swayed by a $1.00 drop in price, and I am one who is always on the lookout for .99 or better yet, free, app sales.

I do find it funny that we app shoppers are swayed by a $1.00 drop in price, and I am one who is always on the lookout for .99 or better yet, free, app sales.
Before I got into iPhoneography, I was a GameAppWhore. But I would only get free or maybe $.99 apps - once in awhile splurge like for Scrabble. ;) I started out that way with my photo apps, but quickly threw caution to the wind and if it's an app I've got to have, I'll pay the price! :whistle: :coffee:

Downloaded it. Just a word of caution, this is not a multi-tasters app. Make sure you click to save before you do anything else like checking email, etc.

Back
Top Bottom