Photo project idea: Recreate the past

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
MobiToggers in the UK are currently enjoying (well, I am!) a TV series called Britain's First Photo Album (BBC2, weeknights 6:30pm). It follows the work of photographer Francis Frith who, in Victorian times, toured the country documenting every city, town and village possible. The programme's presenter uses his own camera to try and recreate Frith's images on the same spot they were taken.

I'm finding it fascinating and think it's a great idea for a photo project. Find pictures of your area taken a long time ago and try to recreate them today using modern techniques.

Superb idea Rich... :thumbs:

I've been watching that too, although I find the inept imagery of Mr Sargeant almost as laughable as his dancing... :confused:

AND, better idea still, post the results here in MobiTog's Project Section... :D

ooh! oooh!!! I did that with the train station photo not long ago!! I can see this from my house, and it's an area my direct ancestors developed so I may well be related to someone in the photo.

1896 (so obviously not an iphone image :lmao:)
4045222122_4e9a767522_z.jpg

6773252349_6ae1d18472.jpg

Superb idea Rich... :thumbs:
I've been watching that too, although I find the inept imagery of Mr Sargeant almost as laughable as his dancing... :confused:
AND, better idea still, post the results here in MobiTog's Project Section... :D
The latter goes without saying, Rog. ;)

As for Mr Sargeant's dancing, I'm pleased to say I never witnessed it. However, his photography (and his hat!) does leave a lot to be desired. :confused: Still, any TV programme about photography is a welcome change from food and celebrity chefs. :D

ooh! oooh!!! I did that with the train station photo not long ago!! I can see this from my house, and it's an area my direct ancestors developed so I may well be related to someone in the photo.

Nice job, Mel! :thumbs:

MobiToggers in the UK are currently enjoying (well, I am!) a TV series called Britain's First Photo Album (BBC2, weeknights 6:30pm). It follows the work of photographer Francis Frith who, in Victorian times, toured the country documenting every city, town and village possible. The programme's presenter uses his own camera to try and recreate Frith's images on the same spot they were taken.

I'm finding it fascinating and think it's a great idea for a photo project. Find pictures of your area taken a long time ago and try to recreate them today using modern techniques.
Love this idea!!!

mahoganyturtle said:

1896 (so obviously not an iphone image :lmao:)

Superb pairing Mel and exactly the point of the exercise... ;)

And superb to have some relevant family history to accompany it, be great to research it more and see if your were related... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Back
Top Bottom