Photo Transfer App Tutorial

Veevs

MobiLurver
Part 1 - transferring via wi-fi between iPhone and iPad

image-77512040.jpg

Make sure both your devices are connected to the wi-fi
Open up Photo Transfer App on both devices

image-273096817.jpg

For this tutorial I will receive send 3 images from my iPhone to my iPad.
On my iPad I click Receive and then click the 3rd box - Another iPhone or iPad

image-773260236.jpg

On my iPhone I click Send and then click on 3rd box - Another iPhone or iPad

image-713926684.jpg

Then click on Select Photos & Videos. Navigate to your photos and select the ones you want to send. For this example I just clicked on 3 but if you have a big chunk you can click on Select All. Please note you can only send a maximum of 100 at a time.

image-3953066194.jpg

On the iPad click on Get Photos

image-891335477.jpg

This process is the same for transferring between iPad and iPhone and vice versa. When receiving files you can choose to save to your Camera Roll or to a Folder which you can create there and then. Next tutorial I will show you how to transfer from iPhone/iPad to PC and back (sorry dont have a MAC), and also Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPad using MobiTog

Attachments

• image-1834893553.jpg
    image-1834893553.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1763088602.jpg
    image-1763088602.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 48
Hiya Mel, yes I find it is very fast and its a great app because it keeps the file size intact. I find Bluetooth is quite slow though. The Photo Transfer App website is very good, well worth going there to read about it.
http://www.phototransferapp.com/#ios

I use this app all the time - once I have taken photos I transfer them all from my iPhone to my PC and save them to my external hard drive. Then I review those photos and then choose the ones I want to work on and then transfer those from my PC to my Ipad. I hate clutter and too many photos so keep the minimum possible on my iPhone and iPad - and feel secure that all my photos are stored on my 1gb external hard drive!

- once I have taken photos I transfer them all from my iPhone to my PC and save them to my external hard drive. Then I review those photos and then choose the ones I want to work on and then transfer those from my PC to my Ipad. I hate clutter and too many photos so keep the minimum possible on my iPhone and iPad - and feel secure that all my photos are stored on my 1gb external hard drive!
Great tip, Veevs, and thanks for a fantastic tutorial about a very useful app.

Thanks guys, will try to do the tutorial for transferring to PC this weekend. I know I saw a video tutorial somewhere so trying to hunt it down!

Great tutorial Veevs!! :thumbs:

They also have a new app for Macs that works with your WiFi... I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

first yes on my EHD but then have a big clear out and delete loads! Don't like hoarding lol

I'm pretty much the same as you .... only maybe worse. I have even cleared out some originals in the past that I have posted on IG etc, only to realise later that I would like to use them again. I've had to 'screen shot' my own images to get them back :(

Thanks Veevs, will be watching for more, along of coarse with more fantastic pics!
I use several apps similar to this one. I use one called Mover+
Mover+ by Infinite Labs
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/mover+/id320907954?mt=8
which works not too bad on either Bluetooth or wifi, you just flick you picture to the name of the device or computer your sending to but only one at a time and you can't send another until the previous one is done.
The other I use is:
photoBang by Ali golmohammadi
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/photobang/id389068060?mt=8
This is currently free, reg price is $10.99 which is insane. This app only does one at a time but it is fast. I have their app PhotoBangPro that will let you select a lot if you want but right now it's $17.99. They have a desktop client so you can send both ways from anywhere to anywhere. I picked up the pro version a long time ago when it was free

I'll go have a look at the app you used.

I'm pretty much the same as you .... only maybe worse. I have even cleared out some originals in the past that I have posted on IG etc, only to realise later that I would like to use them again. I've had to 'screen shot' my own images to get them back :(

Eeeeek noooo I don't delete my apped ones - all saved on my EHD :)

Thanks Veevs, will be watching for more, along of coarse with more fantastic pics!
I use several apps similar to this one. I use one called Mover+
Mover+ by Infinite Labs
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/mover+/id320907954?mt=8
which works not too bad on either Bluetooth or wifi, you just flick you picture to the name of the device or computer your sending to but only one at a time and you can't send another until the previous one is done.
The other I use is:
photoBang by Ali golmohammadi
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/photobang/id389068060?mt=8
This is currently free, reg price is $10.99 which is insane. This app only does one at a time but it is fast. I have their app PhotoBangPro that will let you select a lot if you want but right now it's $17.99. They have a desktop client so you can send both ways from anywhere to anywhere. I picked up the pro version a long time ago when it was free

I'll go have a look at the app you used.

Wow expensive! And one at a time not good! The one I use is awesome when I transfer to the pc coz I can save all files at high resolution as a zipped file

Love this app - use it all the time - glad to see you posting about it here for those who haven't discovered it yet!

Great job, Veevs! This is one of those apps that I use constantly, and was in the queue for me to write my own tutorial on.

Some people may say, "I have the photo stream turned on, so why would I need this app? My photos already go from my iPhone to my iPad." That's true. What I find it useful for is when my wife asks me to touch up a photo she's taken on her phone. The transfer can take place between any devices on the network. If a friend comes over with some photos that he's letting me use in composites, I just make sure he's got the app, log him onto the network and boom - the shots are transferred.

It works well for me transferring from iPhone to iPad or vice versa, but I have problems with transferring from either to my Mac, so most often I will use Photostream for that (if still available due to time/#pix limits.

Hmmm, that's too bad Leslie... :( I've never experienced problems transferring from iDevice to Mac. Does it have difficulty recognizing the iDevice?

Back
Top Bottom