Printing Mobile Photos

lazaro

Hello Community,

Question for all of you: What is the highest quality, most affordable way to print iphone photos in the United States in both B/W and Color. Is there a stand out company I can email files to for professional grade printing that won't cost a fortune. What are the best companies? Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
L

I use a company called PostalPix. They have an app through which I order. It's very convenient, relatively inexpensive and good quality. The only downsize is that I don't believe they have the ability to print unlimited (or at least really large) sizes of images.

Thanks so much, Lisa. I downloaded a bunch to try out. I think I might have screwed up some with my formatting, but it's going to be one of those learning experiences/happy accidents for a bunch.

Excellent! Glad I could be of assistance. ;)

I'm also going to try mpix. The price is about the same, maybe a bit more expensive for 4x6, but they offer the chance to crop and do some minor adjustments to each photo you submit. I'm going to compare quality and price and get back to you. Perhaps it will be some useful info for those considering actually printing out their photos. :)

I'm also going to try mpix. The price is about the same, maybe a bit more expensive for 4x6, but they offer the chance to crop and do some minor adjustments to each photo you submit. I'm going to compare quality and price and get back to you. Perhaps it will be some useful info for those considering actually printing out their photos. :)
Great idea! I will look forward to hearing your opinions!

Hello Community,

Question for all of you: What is the highest quality, most affordable way to print iphone photos in the United States in both B/W and Color. Is their a stand out company I can email files to for professional grade printing that won't cost a fortune. What are the best companies? Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
L

I would give our app a try. We print mobile images to canvas, wood and metal. Head over to the App Store or GooglePlay and down load Pixuru. Our 6x6 canvas, wood or metal print is $20. Our quality is second to none.

I would give our app a try. We print mobile images to canvas, wood and metal. Head over to the App Store or GooglePlay and down load Pixuru. Our 6x6 canvas, wood or metal print is $20. Our quality is second to none.
Hi Craig! Welcome to MobiTog! Always great to have the minds-behind-the-apps-we-love here to share information and answer questions. :) Please stop by the Developer Chat discussion forum and introduce yourself!

Yes, thanks Craig. I just downloaded your app and will send you a few images in the very near future. I had been using a local camera company for printing. The results varied by whoever was processing for the day. I had one staff member tell me I can't print an image, set at 300 dpi, because it "was not taken with a real camera"... I quit going there.

So, after receiving prints from both postal prints and MPix here's my review:

Both are basically terrible, but postal pics is worse. Still, I cannot recommend using either service.

Just about everything about postal is wrong, to the point my fiancée said these don't look like your picture, but highschool or college snaps. Everything, from the lazy printing that cuts off half the photo to the colors, are just wrong. You look at a photo on your calibrated screen vs what they send you and it's not even close 90% of the time. Do not use this service if you want any accuracy or likeness to the images on your mobile device.

MPix is the better of the two because you have slightly more control of cropping and there's a button to make your image b/w, but it too is lame/cheap with absolutely no quality control whatsoever. The quality of the prints is a step up, but when the images are so inaccurate, who cares? Also, they sent three photos of another family's pictures.

I was planning on using one of these services to make contact sheets for a mobile book project, but now there is absolutely no way. I think these companies should actually be ashamed of themselves. The most basic printing tasks seem out of their reach. It was actually depressing. Be warned if you ever want to print, stay very far way. I might ask for my $ back but I'm so over it I might call the whole thing a wash and pretend it never happened.

So I'm still taking suggestions for accurate quality 4x6 contact prints if anybody has any? Id appreciate any ideas.

iPhoneArt still has a store - I've heard it highly recommended though I have yet to try it. They're discontinuing their social network site but expanding and focusing on their printing business:

http://iprints.iphoneart.com/static_pages/submitting_iprints

Also take a quick, quick look at the discussions here on StudioTalk - quick because after 2/24 no one will be able to post and I think all that data is going to disappear... If nothing else, if you recognize anyone there, and know they post on other sites, contact them - there are a few people on IPA who are very experienced with printing - their own and using services. They show work so I'd imagine they'd be pretty picky about how their work looks. If nothing else, look for your local PRO printing company and check out the rates there. I live in Los Angeles so I have some resources, I've used Freestyle Photos and they are fantastic for printing and anything else analog or digital (their primary focus is analog, therefore in my opinion their standards for print are HIGH): http://www.freestylephoto.biz/

Hope this helps... printing is what I need to get to pretty soon... :)

Wow, I'm really disappointed to hear that about PostalPix. In my limited experience with them the images I received back were of good quality. Did you, by chance, contact them and let them know you weren't pleased? I'm curious to know if/how they responded.

iPhoneArt still has a store - I've heard it highly recommended though I have yet to try it. They're discontinuing their social network site but expanding and focusing on their printing business:

http://iprints.iphoneart.com/static_pages/submitting_iprints

Also take a quick, quick look at the discussions here on StudioTalk - quick because after 2/24 no one will be able to post and I think all that data is going to disappear... If nothing else, if you recognize anyone there, and know they post on other sites, contact them - there are a few people on IPA who are very experienced with printing - their own and using services. They show work so I'd imagine they'd be pretty picky about how their work looks. If nothing else, look for your local PRO printing company and check out the rates there. I live in Los Angeles so I have some resources, I've used Freestyle Photos and they are fantastic for printing and anything else analog or digital (their primary focus is analog, therefore in my opinion their standards for print are HIGH): http://www.freestylephoto.biz/

Hope this helps... printing is what I need to get to pretty soon... :)
Agree! The iPrints Store has very high quality products and Daria is very knowledgable. And not only do they have good quality photo paper selections, but you can get your prints mounted on bamboo (I have this and it's beautiful), metal, glass and their new products which resemble daguerreotypes and ambrotypes.

Back
Top Bottom