Problem with streaked vertical lines

I called Apple and told them I was from MobiTog.com and we needed 7.1 ASAP ... and look what happened ! :eek:

Anyway just did my test on the official iOS 7.1 and all was well. Yay !

Thanks everyone for all your help, tips, hints and clues.:thumbs:

Great job Darren! You saved us all a lot of heartache!

Who was it that you spoke to at Apple??!! Was it Tim??!! :D

What a thread!!! :notworthy:

Thank you Darren and everyone here for the fab work done to figure this out!

This thread is a perfect example of why MobiTog rocks....cuz you all rock!! :D

I called Apple and told them I was from MobiTog.com and we needed 7.1 ASAP ... and look what happened ! :eek:

Anyway just did my test on the official iOS 7.1 and all was well. Yay !

Thanks everyone for all your help, tips, hints and clues.:thumbs:
Wow, what a great news!
THANK YOU so much to you, Darren, to all the developers and all the Mobitog members.
Your effort is priceless, and I'm proud to be part of this fabulous community.
:-D
Mauro

Wow, what a great news!
THANK YOU so much to you, Darren, to all the developers and all the Mobitog members.
Your effort is priceless, and I'm proud to be part of this fabulous community.
Mauro
Thank you Mauro, but it is we who are so very pleased and proud to have you and all of our wonderful MobiMembers and MobiDevs as part of this Global Community, it would not be here if it was not for all of you guys 'n gals...:notworthy:

So, we just need odilonvert & Philippe Schlossberg to confirm all is well with them too, after they have downloaded iOS 7.1, of course... :D

Thank you Mauro, but it is we who are so very pleased and proud to have you and all of our wonderful MobiMembers and MobiDevs as part of this Global Community, it would not be here if it was not for all of you guys 'n gals...:notworthy:

So, we just need odilonvert & Philippe Schlossberg to confirm all is well with them too, after they have downloaded iOS 7.1, of course... :D

really cool on 7.1 :)) ... but then again ... there was no problem either on 7.0 - 7.0.6 :) (edit: on my device)

Last edited:
will confirm in April when I go to 4s :D
in this discussion I was worried about my future on that new device, but also for others who have been experiencing it for months - it was a big discussion topic on IPA and a lot of photographers who are known for their black and white style were directly affected by the flaw - relieved for THEM that they can now go back to what they were doing without such a headache! <3

(sorry for my somewhat telegram style writing I'm super tired and still groggy from the "spring forward" and into temporary oblivion time change)

(sorry for my somewhat telegram style writing I'm super tired and still groggy from the "spring forward" and into temporary oblivion time change)
No problem Jennifer, thanks for stopping by in your stupourific state, we have not "sprung" yet... :rog:

That pleasure is yet to come later this month though... :barf:

Now, go rest that weary head... :D

just a question Pankaj Goswami ... I noticed quite a few times, not anymore now mysteriously, that a square 2448x2448 image saved (from leonardo) to camera roll and then imported into handy photo lost 1 pixel in width and length (well it's square so the width and length terms aren't appropriate) ... anyway repeatedly I got a 2447 x 2447 file imported in handy photo. Not sure if the handy photo devs post here too ... I'll mail them too if needed.

Back to the main topic of this thread, I haven't experienced any of the issues mentioned here ... purple tone when saving multiple times ... lines etc ... I might not be using the apps that do that. But I do use some apps that over-compress images and I don't like that. Not an iOS issue so far ...
Just for info I'm using a 4s on iOS 7.0.6

Since this is a different issue, I am replying to you though mail. Please check your mail

I installed IOS 7.1 then I did a couple test "open/save" without processing, first using Snapseed and second using Filterstorm Neue.
Here is the results...

===========================
TEST 1 - iPhone5S (IOS 7.1)
App: SNAPSEED
Process: BW photo // simply open and save without processing // 10 times
Result: purple tone: NO // degradation of image quality: YES (just a little)

Original BW image + final BW image
foto 1.JPG foto 2.JPG

Crop of the original image + crop of the final image
foto 4.JPG
foto 3.JPG

Step by step
foto 5.PNG

Metadata original image + metadata final image
foto 1.PNG foto 2.PNG

Later I'll post my second test, with Filterstorm Neue.

TEST 2 - iPhone5S (IOS 7.1)
App: FILTERSTORM NEUE
Process: color photo // simply open and save without processing // 10 times
Result: purple tone: NO // degradation of image quality: YES (just a little)

Original color image + final image
foto 1.JPG foto 2.JPG

Crop of the original image + crop of the final image
foto 4.JPG
foto 3.JPG

Step by step
foto 5.PNG

Metadata original image (2,47 Mb) + metadata final image (7,60 Mb)
foto 1.PNG foto 2.PNG

In conclusion, I'm very happy to see that IOS 7.1 fixed the "purple issue", but just a little disappointed because of this persistent quality degradation (although it's little) I didn't notice in previous IOS 6.

Thank you again for your cooperation, my dear friends!
Mauro

I don't think the awful vertical lines are gone (not for me in iOS 7.1.1, iPad Air) ..I wrote to Apple yesterday, got an answer directly that they will check, submit a bug report and fix in future version...
They answered very quickly and acknowledged that there were early problems in their JPEG hardware encoder..
Do you see the vertical lines yet?

I have filled a bug report now with all the info (link to here, sample images, code for reproducing, communication) etc--
(contact me, if you want me to add something more)
Bug report id:

Back
Top Bottom