Project: SkyLight

Robert Lancaster

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Robert Lancaster
Based on the image I have submitted for the latest Hipsta Challenge.
Original image taken with Hipstamatic [Hornbecker lens, Ina's 1982 film, No flash]

IMG_2240.JPG

Original image put through Jazz until I found a jazzed up version I liked. This was then put through HDR FX and tweaked the settings a bit to make the colours really pop. Am considering put this version through Percolator or Popsicle ... or both :lol: ... to see what else lies hidden with this image.

IMG_2272.JPG

Amazing what you've done with this image!! I love them all...

The original is beautiful - that crystal clear blue is amazing. All the variations on that one are great too.

The sort of "solarized?" one is amazing! Might be my fave.... but I also love all the colors in the last one. :D

Great work! Seems you're getting out of your "slump"... :sneaky:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Thanks RoseCat! I went our for a walk at lunch time after a hectic morning in the office behind the keyboard.
They say you should take images during the golden hours to get the best lighting ... well in general that may be the case ... but the original image was taken at almost exactly midday.
Seeing the lone light against the the beautiful icy blue Cape Town winter's sky was just crying out to have its picture taken.

The slump and creative block are well and truly over! It was brief, but long enough at the same time.
This community with all their support kept me going. Winning my first FFF challenge helped a lot too. :)
Thanks to everyone.

And now to continue the series ...

To create starting point 2 I put the original image through WoWCamera+ and then through PhotoArtista - Sketch.
I first tried to blend these in TrueHDR but the effects were underwhelming to say the least.
My old friend ImageBlender came to the rescue and this was the result
IMG_2276.JPG

Next on the list I tried our new community faves Pop'n'Perc but ... horror of horrors ... the results were disastrous!
Also tried MagicHour, Sketch+, AutoAdjust and Segmentix but was not happy with the results.
Once again an old favourite came to the rescue ... ScratchCam.
Here er the two images I ended up with.
IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

A few more apps ... and a few more failures ... and a few more near missed and I once again found success with an old favourite.
Pixlr-o-matic+ to the rescue.
The last one is more a fun image than a serious image,

IMG_2283.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG

Still loving this series, especially the orange one!

Sent from my iPhone using the MobiTog app
Thanks so much! :)
I am really enjoying this series and will be carrying on for a while.
Also because we are heading in to a few days of bad weather and rain ... so no photo trips outside ... but lots of time for photo edits.
Thanks again.

The orange color is to die for!! Gorgeous... Also love the brown ScratchCam, and the one with the rays. :D

It might look really cool to put them all together - Vix has done this with great results.

Using Diptic, you can put 4 together in a square grid, do that 4 times with different versions each time (saving each foursome), them put all the foursomes in a four square (16 total versions of the light).

:D

RoseCat said:
The orange color is to die for!! Gorgeous... Also love the brown ScratchCam, and the one with the rays. :D

It might look really cool to put them all together - Vix has done this with great results.

Using Diptic, you can put 4 together in a square grid, do that 4 times with different versions each time (saving each foursome), them put all the foursomes in a four square (16 total versions of the light).

:D

Thanks RoseCat! :)

I will use Diptic (awesome app) and make some collages as well. I have some ideas ..., :sneaky:

By the way congrats on making the Top 30 at iPhoneogenic!!! :thumbs:

The Collage Connection
Thanks to RoseCat for the suggestion. :) I decided to add some Diptic to this most inspiring image.
The contributing apps were Diptic, ImageBlender, PhotoSplashFX, Stained, Infinicam and HDR Foto.
IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2304.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG

The original Diptic'ed image was sent for a spin through PhotoSplashFX. I was so pleased with the result that I decided it required a reward. And that reward was to be Percolated. :D
The three conspiring images are shown here.
PS: I know this series has been quite long ... but it has been fun and I have been unable to stem the flow from the creativity faucet.
PPS: Having so many photography apps does not help matters much either!
IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2305.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG

Robert Lancaster said:
The Collage Connection
Thanks to RoseCat for the suggestion. :) I decided to add some Diptic to this most inspiring image.
The contributing apps were Diptic, ImageBlender, PhotoSplashFX, Stained, Infinicam and HDR Foto.

I love the first collage!!!

Robert Lancaster said:
The original Diptic'ed image was sent for a spin through PhotoSplashFX. I was so pleased with the result that I decided it required a reward. And that reward was to be Percolated. :D
PS: I know this series has been quite long ... but it has been fun and I have been unable to stem the flow from the creativity faucet.

Love all of these!

Robert Lancaster said:
Thanks RoseCat! :)

I will use Diptic (awesome app) and make some collages as well. I have some ideas ..., :sneaky:

By the way congrats on making the Top 30 at iPhoneogenic!!! :thumbs:

:thumbs: Can hardly wait to see it...

And thank you!!! :D

Robert Lancaster said:
The Collage Connection

Spoke too soon! Really cool Robert!

Robert Lancaster said:

I love that you took a great graphic shot and then apped the **** out of it! A great excercise to show what the various apps do... :thumbs:

And I love the last 3 also!

Back
Top Bottom