A prefatory whine. I hate judging...too many wonderful photos. That said
Winner - PicsbyJCG/Christer's Stuff which makes me smile every time I look at it. The colors and the arrangement are eye catching. It has the aura of a professionally shot pic in a high end glossy coffee table art mag (no disrespect to Christer intended).
fil-2016-04-12-04-29-10-jpeg.75861

Honorable mention (Categories arbitrary)

Art work - zenjenny/Jen's Year of the Chicken with it's wonderful textures, the contrasting greens of the chicken and background, the background green morphing to gold,the gold/red/purple braiding outlining the bird, the somewhat plaintive face. All add up to wonderful
image-jpeg.75888

Landscape - MsDee/Dee's Evening Walk Along Tampa Bay. Highlights for me - the painterly edit, the pink sunlit clouds, the peaceful blues and purples,the asymmetric clusters of silhouetted trees. Very serene

26417770135_3cf9f99b3b_o.jpg

Abstract - this was tough with several great entries.I'm going with rissole's Burning Petrochemicals which has the feel of a polarized electron micrograph (or conversely polarized NASA satellite photo of a river delta.) Like the tripartite construction , the colors , the granularity

tmp_dsc_2258_1_1379946094-jpg.76007

Congratulations to all.

Last edited:
Winner - PicsbyJCG/Christer's Stuff which makes me smile every time I look at it. The colors and the arrangement are eye catching. It has the aura of a professionally shot pic in a high end glossy coffee table art mag (no disrespect to Christer intended).

Art work - zenjenny/Jen's Year of the Chicken with it's wonderful textures, the contrasting greens of the chicken and background, the background green morphing to gold,the gold/red/purple braiding outlining the bird, the somewhat plaintive face. All add up to wonderful
image-jpeg.75888

Landscape - MsDee/Dee's Evening Walk Along Tampa Bay. Highlights for me - the painterly edit, the pink sunlit clouds, the peaceful blues and purples,the asymmetric clusters of silhouetted trees. Very serene

Abstract - this was tough with several great entries.I'm going with rissole's Burning Petrochemicals which has the feel of a polarized electron micrograph (or conversely polarized NASA satellite photo of a river delta.) Like the tripartite construction , the colors , the granularity

Congratulations to all.
I second this! Wonderful images!! Mobi is definitely the best picture book EVER! And everyone will find something for one's own taste! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji8]

Thanks David! Congrats Christer - I really like how David put it 'aura of a professionally shot, high end glossy' - the image that hits you in the eye and makes you want to use it to decoupage something beautiful . . . :oops: :inlove: Congrats Dee (love your work :inlove:) and rizole (so glad you joined in - and what a great starting image! :notworthy: :thumbs: :) )

image-jpeg.75888

Congratulations to all.

Holy Instamatic! Thanks a million & big fat high 5's to everyone.

Yeah, I got jolted by my pic as well: "surprisingly nice one, gotta post it to Mobi". But then I saw more and more "killer" pics appearing, thinking "Omg, I stand no chance here"...

Surprise! :confused:

And theme...

Heavy metal.

Be it Iron Maiden in concert or a box of scrap metal parts, you get it :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom