Sign Spotting

How's that for a parking brake.
Watermarked(2017-09-28-1305).jpg

The writing is small but I enjoyed the humour shown on many areas of this Hillbilly HotRod.
Fusion, Simply HDR.

[emoji33]

And what a great shot/edit!

I just happened to stop to make a picture of this hot rod and once I got a closer look at it I realized it was something special. I made lots of photos! I think I will post a group of photos in the regular photo forum under the heading Hillbilly HotRod.

Where else but in a medical office.
IMG_4253.JPG

While not exactly a sign it carries a message of its own.

(If you are having trouble with this the radio has a broken-off antenna and the nurse has use a hemostat clamp to replace the missing antenna)

Where else but in a medical office.
View attachment 100142
While not exactly a sign it carries a message of its own.

(If you are having trouble with this the radio has a broken-off antenna and the nurse has use a hemostat clamp to replace the missing antenna)
Now that’s what I call a McGyver.

Warning!
IMG_6622.JPG

I didn’t have to look far for this sign. I see it every morning when I use the blender for my shake. The noise these machines make is truly excessive. Keeping the price low (?) means scrimping on design and materials that could reduce the noise. This one is quieter than our old blender. And yet, I measured the noise at 96db at the same distance my ear would be when using it. Clearly in the ear protection range. I wrote the message to remind me to put on my ear protectors before using the machine. I also found that an oven mitt fits nicely over a single serve (24oz) mixing cup and helps reduce the noise a bit.
It makes enough noise that I can’t make my breakfast shake until anyone else in the house is awake. One time I took my blender with me on a visit to someone living in an apartment and I was conscious that the blender noise would disturb people in other apartments unless I waited until later in the morning for my breakfast.
You hear a racket outside and look out to see your neighbour mowing his lawn, wearing ear protectors. What about everyone else in the neighbourhood?
There’s something wrong with this picture. There are too many machines that make enough noise so the operator needs to wear ear protection. What about everyone else? Supply them with ear protection, too? Why not stop the noise at the source?

It makes enough noise that I can’t make my breakfast shake until anyone else in the house is awake. One time I took my blender with me on a visit to someone living in an apartment and I was conscious that the blender noise would disturb people in other apartments unless I waited until later in the morning for my breakfast.
Yeah, mine is loud too. :eek: Sometimes I wonder if my neighbors can hear it, but I don’t think so because I don’t hear anything like that coming from their apartments.

Yeah, mine is loud too. :eek: Sometimes I wonder if my neighbors can hear it, but I don’t think so because I don’t hear anything like that coming from their apartments.

I also put a pad under my blender to stop the noise transmitting into the counter top - and beyond.

Camo Bob
IMG_8359.JPG

There’s a bit of a story behind this. Recently the highways dept has been mowing/cutting roadside brush along rural roads to clear the ditches and make room for snow plowing. Most people have their signs mounted at the proper distance off the road on wooden posts or frames/supports. Camo Bob, on the other hand nailed his sign to a group of small trees growing in the ditch. The brush cutter operator normally cuts down everything in the ditch right down to a couple of inches above the ground. For some reason the operator didn’t want to take down Bob’s illegal sign so he cut off any parts of the tree sticking out and left the rest. Clearly not following instructions. Our enterprising Life Coach looks a bit shabby at this point.

Camo Bob
View attachment 101274
There’s a bit of a story behind this. Recently the highways dept has been mowing/cutting roadside brush along rural roads to clear the ditches and make room for snow plowing. Most people have their signs mounted at the proper distance off the road on wooden posts or frames/supports. Camo Bob, on the other hand nailed his sign to a group of small trees growing in the ditch. The brush cutter operator normally cuts down everything in the ditch right down to a couple of inches above the ground. For some reason the operator didn’t want to take down Bob’s illegal sign so he cut off any parts of the tree sticking out and left the rest. Clearly not following instructions. Our enterprising Life Coach looks a bit shabby at this point.
LOL. Only in a rural area. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom