The Ace of Spades

Jasongag

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jason
Device
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1460324105.473665.jpg

Procreate

Thanks peeps. Yep, this indeed was a painting not a Brushstroke type thing. I think Brushstroke is a nifty app, but there's something about the way an algorithm interprets a photo that leaves an indelible computer signature on things, and I'm really enjoying the challenge of painting again, especially people, which I never tried before. Each time you learn some tricks and new techniques. On Lemmy, for instance, I was able to use the layers feature to paint the cards and hand in the foreground on different layers, and then add different degrees of motion blur to make it look more realistic as he is supposed to be throwing the cards at the viewer. You could paint them blurry I guess, but I think it worked well to paint them in layers and then use the blur feature.

Thanks peeps. Yep, this indeed was a painting not a Brushstroke type thing. I think Brushstroke is a nifty app, but there's something about the way an algorithm interprets a photo that leaves an indelible computer signature on things, and I'm really enjoying the challenge of painting again, especially people, which I never tried before. Each time you learn some tricks and new techniques. On Lemmy, for instance, I was able to use the layers feature to paint the cards and hand in the foreground on different layers, and then add different degrees of motion blur to make it look more realistic as he is supposed to be throwing the cards at the viewer. You could paint them blurry I guess, but I think it worked well to paint them in layers and then use the blur feature.

Thanks Jason for giving us an insight into the making of Lemmy. Who's next?

Don't have a portrait on the go right now ... but I'm redoing my tuk tuk driver's head piece, which was a photo mashup, but compressed too small, as a painting from scratch, so could blow up much bigger if printed.

Back
Top Bottom