The House of Books - St Petersburg, Russia

Egraphic

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
... on a December day in the depths of the Russian winter - trying to recreate the bitter cold and dark dark skies.

NevskyProspektStPetersburgRussia.jpg

And in my humble opinion you seem to have managed to create the effect you were after exceedingly well... :thumbs:

I really do like this style of iPhoneArt, it just rocks... :cool:

One small niggle for me though, hope you don't mind if I mention, but it could do with a swift straighten as it seem titled over slightly to the left at the top... :whistle:

Reckon it would impact even more with vertical lines... :D

... on a December day in the depths of the Russian winter - trying to recreate the bitter cold and dark dark skies.
And I would say job done - and done very well! :D

I'm assuming that's a book shop in the background. Looks interesting. Hope it's still thriving.

Well done! What apps did you use?
Thanks! Shot with the standard camera, contrast and color pumped up in Photogene2 and PhotoWizard, copy made and processed in Painteresque, copy superimposed over original in DXP and adjusted to taste, Grunge and Grungetastic to darken stuff up, and a custom texture (peeling paint) applied in PhotoWizard, blended using Multiply.

And I would say job done - and done very well! :D

I'm assuming that's a book shop in the background. Looks interesting. Hope it's still thriving.

Thanks! Yes, that's a very large bookshop in St Petersburg, Russia, and it's certainly thriving. It's the biggest bookstore in the city. I was last there 35 years ago (when it was still Leningrad) as a grad student. Returned for the first time last December. Not much had changed in the bookstore, except that the cafe is better run and cares what customers think. Outside the bookstore, a different story. Some pretty incredible wealth accumulated in this not-so-democratic country now.

Nice..Have you taken the image into painteresque?
Thank you! See the comment above for the process, as far as I remember it. Painteresque was one step, but I generally don't care for the "full effect" - you can't adjust it. I use DXP to "adjust" it by using different combination modes when superimposed over the original.

And in my humble opinion you seem to have managed to create the effect you were after exceedingly well... :thumbs:

I really do like this style of iPhoneArt, it just rocks... :cool:

One small niggle for me though, hope you don't mind if I mention, but it could do with a swift straighten as it seem titled over slightly to the left at the top... :whistle:

Reckon it would impact even more with vertical lines... :D

Thanks, Venomator! Sure, I welcome suggestions/recommendations - let me take a look.

Back
Top Bottom