MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
I actually had several more Apple keyboard emojis here but I can't get them to appear.
I know what you mean. It'd sure be nice to know which of those are "web-safe." Also how to decrypt someone else's emoji that appear as blank boxes to me. I finally gave up and decided to stick with the MobiTog ones.

I know what you mean. It'd sure be nice to know which of those are "web-safe." Also how to decrypt someone else's emoji that appear as blank boxes to me. I finally gave up and decided to stick with the MobiTog ones.
I've noticed that if you insert emojis via the MobiTog app, they most always appear just fine - even if you then go into the web view, you can see them.

But, if you try and insert them while on a web browser, they don't appear at all. You hit post, and your words are there but no emojis. You can only use the MobiTog emoticons like :coffee: and :thumbs: and :eek: , etc. found in the editing box.

I have seen the blank box phenomenon.... I guess that is emojis that are inserted via the MobiTog app, but that appear as boxes - but do they appear as boxes in the app version, or only on the web version? And why do they appear as boxes?? These are the questions that keep me up at night....... :whistle: o_O :zip:

[emoji7][emoji177][emoji14][emoji44](you're right Cat..non-Mobi emojis appear from the app. I'd tried to enter them from the browser on my Mac)
That's why I like to use the app most times... I'm a bit of an Emoji Whore. [emoji849][emoji848][emoji57][emoji41]

emoji111.png
emoji120.png
emoji108.png
And there's the empty square I was talking about (I'm viewing in desktop Safari).

And there's the empty square I was talking about (I'm viewing in desktop Safari).
Weird!! :alien: [emoji89][emoji880]

It's the "peace sign" [emoji111]️ not showing, although the "a-ok" [emoji108] shows. (I added them here to see what happens.)

EDIT: I'm now on Safari on my iMac, and the symbols show but there there's a square next to them. DOUBLE WEIRD.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:
Weird!! :alien: [emoji89][emoji880]

It's the "peace sign" [emoji111]️ not showing, although the "a-ok" [emoji108] shows. (I added them here to see what happens.)

EDIT: I'm now on Safari on my iMac, and the symbols show but there there's a square next to them. DOUBLE WEIRD.

View attachment 78852

View attachment 78853
I have 2 devices open now. On my Mac Safari browser I see all 3 alien emojis, but on my iPad app I only see the the last 2. The first is represented by the text "alien"
Screen shot from iPad app
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

but on my iPad app I only see the the last 2. The first is represented by the text "alien"
Yes, the MobiTog emoticons - which can either be accessed in the editing bar that you see above the space where you type your replies or by inserting the proper word in-between colons (minus the spaces) : alien : or : coffee : - will only show up as the code word when viewing in the app, but you'll see the actual emoticons when on a web browser.

Sorry for radio silence. I'm now in Sydney. A week of frantic flat-hunting and narrowed down to two places. Paddington and Glebe. Start work at the paper on Monday

Back
Top Bottom