Timelapse

LifeProofedCamera

MobiAddict
Developer
Real Name
Ethan
FINALLY- I found a place near my house that would be perfect for a time lapse

image-2506793164.png

Those are the best kind of clouds too! They really 'boil' when you view them in time-lapse, and the sun regularly flashes through. Use a short interval if they're moving fast though! I caught this one recently, this is ~600 photos at 5 second intervals:

Also remember to charge your battery first, and make sure you have plenty of space available! I've had a couple of sessions ruined by running low on battery - the popup "you have 10% left" warning can be enough to disrupt the app, in my case (with an un-released update to NightCap) it disabled the exposure lock. And I tried to capture a moonset one night - got some fantastic footage and left it where it could be plugged in, but ran out of disk space when the moon was still quite high!

Edit: One other thing to watch out for. If you're writing out images instead of a video (depends on the app and what you prefer), the iPhone has a limit of 10,000 photos. It names them "IMG_0001.jpg" etc, up to "IMG_9999.jpg". After 9999 it goes back to 0001, you don't run out of photos (unless you have 9999 photos in your library, then I don't know what happens!). So it's not a real problem on the phone. It IS a problem when you try to import your photos into the video editing tool though, because it doesn't see the photos as a single sequence.

Chris / interealtime said:
Those are the best kind of clouds too! They really 'boil' when you view them in time-lapse, and the sun regularly flashes through. Use a short interval if they're moving fast though! I caught this one recently, this is ~600 photos at 5 second intervals:
YouTube Video

Also remember to charge your battery first, and make sure you have plenty of space available! I've had a couple of sessions ruined by running low on battery - the popup "you have 10% left" warning can be enough to disrupt the app, in my case (with an un-released update to NightCap) it disabled the exposure lock. And I tried to capture a moonset one night - got some fantastic footage and left it where it could be plugged in, but ran out of disk space when the moon was still quite high!

Edit: One other thing to watch out for. If you're writing out images instead of a video (depends on the app and what you prefer), the iPhone has a limit of 10,000 photos. It names them "IMG_0001.jpg" etc, up to "IMG_9999.jpg". After 9999 it goes back to 0001, you don't run out of photos (unless you have 9999 photos in your library, then I don't know what happens!). So it's not a real problem on the phone. It IS a problem when you try to import your photos into the video editing tool though, because it doesn't see the photos as a single sequence.

Watched the video. Very cool!

WOW!!!!! That is so awesome!!! Fantastic work... :D :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Back
Top Bottom