Kegrow

MobiFan
Real Name
Ken Rowe
IMG_5752.JPG

Untitled (017)
Tentative title: The Sand From the Urns. Version I
iPhone 4s/iPad 4
Camera+, Snapseed, PS Touch, AremaC, Glaze, iColorama, Deco Sketch, Filterstorm, Procreate.

The Sand From The Urns

Mould-green is the house of oblivion.
At each of its blowing gates your beheaded minstrel goes blue.
For you he beats on a drum of moss and bitter pubic hair;
With an ulcerous toe he traces your brow in the sand.
Longer than it was he draws it, and the red of your lip.
You fill up the urns here and nourish your heart.

Paul Celan

The above is one of my all time favourite poems by Paul Celan, written relatively early in his career. I have tried on a number of occasions to use this poem as a basis for a painting with rather ordinary results. The great contemporary artist Anselm Kiefer tackled this subject matter with great success. I don't think that the above image is very successful in itself, or in referencing the poem. Still its a start and I intend to keep exploring this particular subject matter. The text is not all that great, far to 'rigid' but I am happy to leave it there as a reminder for myself. After receiving my new stylus (Jot Touch) from now on all text will be hand written onto the image/painting.

IMG_6058_untitled 018_1.jpg

Untitled (018)
Tentative title: Tree of Life.
iPad 4
fractBG, Snapseed, Handy Photo, Filterstorm, Glaze, iColorama, Deco Sketch, Procreate.

It was real fun doing this one. Bit of a long process but a great learning exercise. I used fractBG, which is a fractal app, basically to generate the base image and went on from there. Considering that the base image was so minimalist its quite astounding to see the very busy final version. The power of iPad + apps. There is scope to take this image further - for instance, I may delineate the three 'heads' at lower centre right, just above my name seal. The key word is 'subtle' though in terms of any future alterations.

Really like the first one! Looks so much like a topographical map...

I love the idea of handwriting all your words. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom