Untitled (022) White Billabong

Kegrow

MobiFan
Real Name
Ken Rowe
IMG_6262_8x10_untitled 022_1.jpg

Untitled (022)
iPhone 4s/iPad 4.
Camera+, Snapseed, Handy Photo, iColorama, Repix, Deco Sketch, Filterstorm, Procreate.

This is probably the picture I am least fond of. The original inspiration was a painting by an Australian artist Elizabeth Cummings. It was titled "White Billabong", and was basically a very large diptych, mostly in white and off-white paint. I saw it well over a decade ago and its gone to a private collector now. I do have a digital reproduction of the painting and it continues to inspire me to attempt to paint a "white painting". So with that painting in mind I tried to create a 'white' digital painting. The above is in a much lower key than "White Billabong". I am not unhappy with it, just not all that fussed about it. :)

I think it's wonderful! I love the subtle tones, with all of your signature drips and daubs and great shapes and textures. Maybe you're not jumping up and down about it because, from what I have seen, you really like bold pops of color and maybe this seems "boring"?

I think it's wonderful! I love the subtle tones, with all of your signature drips and daubs and great shapes and textures. Maybe you're not jumping up and down about it because, from what I have seen, you really like bold pops of color and maybe this seems "boring"?
Thanks Catherine. Yeah, you make a good point re the pops of colour. I really cannot point the finger at any one thing about this picture except that it seems to be 'missing' something. Some overall 'extra' dimension that would lift it closer to a more 'sublime' state. I wish that I could articulate this better. Sometimes all it takes is an extra mark or two. :)

Thanks Catherine. Yeah, you make a good point re the pops of colour. I really cannot point the finger at any one thing about this picture except that it seems to be 'missing' something. Some overall 'extra' dimension that would lift it closer to a more 'sublime' state. I wish that I could articulate this better. Sometimes all it takes is an extra mark or two. :)
Maybe more "paint", from ProCreate, or perhaps a Glazed version and then just bits of it blended in... adding "raised" texture to it.

...just thinking out loud. :)

Maybe more "paint", from ProCreate, or perhaps a Glazed version and then just bits of it blended in... adding "raised" texture to it.

...just thinking out loud. :)
That's a couple of good suggestions there. Once a work is finished I tend to just leave it be, (probably a mindset from real life painting), but with the range of apps at our disposal, really, one could just go on and on. Thanks very much Catherine :):):)

I love this. I can imagine it as a large canvas and gracing the wall of my living room.....just beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom