Untitled (20) and Untitled (21)

Kegrow

MobiFan
Real Name
Ken Rowe
IMG_6384.2- untitled 20.jpg

Untitled (020)
iPhone 4s/iPad 4.
Camera+, Snapseed, Aquarella HD, Glaze, iColorama, Filterstorm, Repix, Deco Sketch, Procreate.

This image and the one below are variations or Untitled (016) but in portrait format.
I've had heaps of problems with this image and the one below. Its some thing to do with the sharpening I think. Particularly in the central area. My eyes seem to get confused but it is hard to pin down exactly what is the problem. Anyway I have been watching this image over the past few weeks, hoping that seeing it with a fresh eye would give me a clue. The elements added, for instance with Procreate, are very sharp and perhaps it is that difference which is causing my eyes to jump about. In future I will take more care when capturing the base image.
I wouldn't show this image anywhere normally, but this sequence of abstracts is doing exactly what I had imagined initially, and in this case, illustrating a problem that can occur.
Also there are a number of content threads that are revealing themselves that are worthy of future exploration: 1. Prison Experiences, which splits into multiple threads such as 'the body in prison', brutality, drugs in prison, prison sex etc. 2. Global Warming, which can range from the 'politics of', to 'consequences', and more. 3. Elusive Lake - my family and I had a 2 week holiday at one of this state's more remote National Parks. A 1.5 hr drive in on dirt tracks, all fresh drinking water had to be carted in, pit toilets, ticks, very dangerous snakes, and goannas as big as crocodiles (well, nearly). An inland freshwater lake about a couple of hours walk from the campsite that was one of the most spiritual landscapes I have ever encountered. Beaches that are heartbreakingly beautiful, with a seal colony and no doubt lots of Great Whites. This was were I first started experiencing 'the metaphysical landscape' and considering it as an art project.
Oh dear I have been rambling on. :)

IMG_6212_8x10_Untitled 021.JPG

Untitled (021)
iPhone 4s/iPad 4.
Camera+, Snapseed, Glaze, iColorama, Filterstorm, Repix, Deco Sketch, Procreate.

Another problem I had with both the above images is that I lost control of the white balance relating to background layer. It is so annoying to view the image much larger, and the following day, and find that all of the empty spaces had too much of a cool or warm tint.:oops: What a dill.
I prefer this second version over the first - it seems to have a 'cleaner' appearance. I did go back into Procreate right at the end of the processing though, and 'sharpened' up some of the forms by painting along their edges with an appropriately coloured/toned brush.
Ahh well, its all a wonderfully interesting learning experience. :):):)

The first image does it for me. The differences are subtle, for sure, but that first image seems cleaner to me! (Sounds like it was quite the camping trip!)

Oh, such a great piece!!

Upon looking at the two of them - back-and-forth, back-and-forth - it seems the "raised" textured bits are more sharp and noticeable in the second piece (they really look like paint), which I like. I'm not sure yet which background color I prefer - the first one has a subtle green tint, the second subtle pink. I think I like the white tone of the second one, but then I'll look at the first and like that too!

And your trip to the lake sounds amazing, scary, profound. Wow.

Oh, such a great piece!!

Upon looking at the two of them - back-and-forth, back-and-forth - it seems the "raised" textured bits are more sharp and noticeable in the second piece (they really look like paint), which I like. I'm not sure yet which background color I prefer - the first one has a subtle green tint, the second subtle pink. I think I like the white tone of the second one, but then I'll look at the first and like that too!

And your trip to the lake sounds amazing, scary, profound. Wow.
Thanks very much Catherine. I really enjoy your insightful comments. My fav is the second one mainly because, although it still 'messy' is seems overall, cleaner. :)

Back
Top Bottom