What Printer?

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
This is my other hobby horse now: what's a good printer to use for printing iPhoneography? I'm interested to know what fellow iPhoneographers are using, what brands are good, the not-so-good, papers - anyone using metallic papers? I'd love a flat-bed multi-purpose to print big sizes, but can't afford it.

Well, I've gone and bought a Canon Pixma MX870, it's a great, budget printer. So far, the quality of the photos has been excellent, way better than any photo kiosk. Today my metallic photo papers arrived, can't wait to try them out!

Hi Aly... hope you are getting to grips with your new printer... :thumbs:

I just have a lowly Canon Pixma MP600R - and although it is capable of printing some really decent images (if I had any... :lol) up to A4 size I have to admit to 'Home Printing' very little indeed... I do like to see the images as screen savers and have a digital photo frame that was given me as a present, this seems to be an excellent way to display your digital stuff... :D

I have also recently purchased an Apple TV box thingy and this also allows me to display all my images onto the big screen... if I could print some of my images as big as they show on screen and to the same quality I might well try running off a few more of them as they do look pretty good on it... :cool:

Following Matt's (Smooth) recent trial I also fired off a recent Hipstamatic Print order direct through the app!

Although they are only 4" sized the quality is very acceptable and they came through in pretty good time from the States - I might be tempted to try one or two of their larger sizes when I have the right image to work with...:rolleyes:

So Aly... what are the benefits of 'Metallic Paper' and has it lived up to your expectations... :feet:

Alas - this is my biggest failing with iPhoneography.... getting something tangible as a result!

I am up to order number three with Hipstamatic - and I love the price/speed/quality ratios.

I guess it is the digital age we live in, but I would LOVE to be able to print Hipsta sized photos at home... Im not too fussed for size as I am in same boat as Ven - using digi displays if needed.

Hmmm maybe a business idea there - an iPhone Printer!

Of course Matt... :rolleyes: ...the ideal digi display tool is the iPad... :inlove: ...1 or 2... :sneaky:

Back
Top Bottom