APPStracts, Photo Impressionism and other Mangled Images

Cool texture! (Nice to see another you/another of your APPstracts, Kevin :thumbs:) Did this one start life as a group of leaves?

Two photos taken within 15 minutes of each other. The background texture shot was from a Graffiti wall and later found the Sumac Leaves within the same general area. Decided to give both photos a 'play' within Image Blender. Love the interplay between the organic and inorganic

This has a magical dreamy quality about it. What may happen if pointillism is executed via watercolor? Very well done.
Thanks. It was unexpected. I was working on a nighttime look, and this somehow appeared while I was experimenting. And it looks like pointillism via watercolor to me, too, even though the main effect was a paint filter.

IMG_0402.jpeg

‘Whispers of Yesterdays’

That’s brilliant (ha ha). How did you get that nice clean glow of light in ACDSee (I’ve never used it)?
It has a 5-band adjuster for light: blacks, shadows, mid-grays, highlights, whites. So I played with that, especially the highlights and whites, to brighten it up.

I see that I’ve bought it. :rolleyes: It has a lot of interesting options.
It does. The Pro version has been a favorite of mine for a long time, though Photomator has now taken over a lot of what it used to do. The standout features for me are the Light EQ and Color EQ tools, along with the ability to selectively brush on adjustments (something that Photomator still doesn't have). I also like the B/W Film filters in Effects, especially Silver and Noir.

It does. The Pro version has been a favorite of mine for a long time, though Photomator has now taken over a lot of what it used to do. The standout features for me are the Light EQ and Color EQ tools, along with the ability to selectively brush on adjustments (something that Photomator still doesn't have). I also like the B/W Film filters in Effects, especially Silver and Noir.
I used the BnW infrared filter for my post in the new BnW challenge.

Back
Top Bottom