A Michigan Hello

MotownLarry

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Larry M
Device
IPhone XR
Hi everyone. Glad to join up with this group of “phone photo phanatics”. (Had to put a “ph” in front of fanatics to complete the alliteration.:rolleyes: )

I got my first smart phone (iPhone6) last June, just prior to our trip to Alaska to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. I took my “real” camera (a super-zoom) to record our travels, but also took about 100 photos with the iPhone. I was blown away with the quality of the pictures. I then took the iPhone Photography course of Emil Pakarklis. A couple of weeks ago on a vacation trip to South Carolina, I resolved to use only my phone. Loved the results. An email from Emil on sharing and learning led me here.

I like shooting landscapes, architecture, and anything that looks interesting. I want to continue learning and will try to be active here. I may find it difficult to “share” my photos as I shoot for my own personal pleasure, not to impress others. A couple of samples - only cropped... (The full size pics seemed to be really large. I'll have to research the ideal size for this site.)

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Hey Larry, welcome. It doesn't take long, does it, before you realise what you can do with an iPhone and why they're so popular. Good move to go to Emil for tuition. I'm sure you learned a lot. You don't have to worry about posting to impress. Most of us make images to please ourselves, but what's invaluable here is the knowledge that's shared by more experienced iPhonographers who've used almost all of the apps available, who produce awesome images and who are happy to tell you how they did it. You've come to the right place. I am sure the lovely Mobi staff will welcome you themselves. If you love architecture, take a look at The Mobi Mono challenge that's just finished. Gary has produced some amazing black and white images. I look forward to seeing some more of yours.

Welcome to MobiTog Larry!! You've certainly come to the right place to hone your skills and grow in your fanaticism joy of mobile photography. :D I'm looking forward to seeing some images from Alaska... my brother lives there and I've visited twice - it's an amazing place!! :inlove:

Here's some information that might prove useful as you find your way around:

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

The MobiTog Community is set out in four main areas or sections:

Community
Here we welcome everyone, post announcements and take in your suggestions and comments.

Image Sharing
Self-explanatory and broken down into sub-sections clearly named to make it easy to find a topic of your choice. It is here that you post your images.

Mobitography Discussion
For general conversations and discussions about all things mobile photography related.

Members Area
An exclusive MobiMembers-only section. Feel free to discuss things with other members - and find out about Top Secret stuff not for public consumption!

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

Handy Tip: At the top of the site in the orange bar you'll see "New Posts", and clicking/tapping on it will take you to all the unread new posts that occurred since your last visit. Note: If there's just too many there to deal with, and you're really anal like me you can go up to the top and select "Mark Discussions Read" - and choose just a specific area to 'clear out', for example App Discussions, or choose all discussions which will clear everything and allow you to sort of 'start fresh'. That way the next time you go into New Posts, there will just be the most recent posts since you "erased" everything.

Also when you hover over your username in the very top right, you have an option to choose "Ignore New Posts", and select any forums/discussions that you DON'T want to show up.

We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like Vix's MobiMono, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, ZenJenny's Levels of Abstraction (LOA), a fun group challenge, Elements of Surprise (EOS), and a super interesting and fun challenge Time Stamp where everyone around the globe posts up an image on the same day and time. Check them out in our Competitions & Challenges forum!!

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

Hi everyone. Glad to join up with this group of “phone photo phanatics”. (Had to put a “ph” in front of fanatics to complete the alliteration.:rolleyes: )
[...]

I like shooting landscapes, architecture, and anything that looks interesting. I want to continue learning and will try to be active here. I may find it difficult to “share” my photos as I shoot for my own personal pleasure, not to impress others. A couple of samples - only cropped... (The full size pics seemed to be really large. I'll have to research the ideal size for this site.)

View attachment 75403 View attachment 75404

Hi Larry,
the maximum image size will be displayed during the upload (as far as I remember 3000 x 3000px ~14MB. Well, I might be wrong).
Regarding architecture - you should have a look at SKEW and/or SKRWT. Might come in handy ...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skew/id910008885?l=ko&ls=1&mt=8
http://skrwt.com/

:)

MotownLarry - Hi Larry and very warm welcome to the Global Mobile Photography Community that is MobiTog, it is great to have you join us from Michigan... :D

A couple of great iMages to start your MobiTog postings with, but don't worry too much about size as the site software should re-size iMages when they are uploaded... :thumbs:

Please feel free to join in with any and all the activities that you fancy - we welcome newcomers active participation with open arms... :)

RoseCat has already given you some very helpful pointers, but the best advice is to just to leap right in and join in anywhere and everywhere you fancy we are quite a friendly bunch really... ;)

Hopefully, you will enjoy our humble offerings and will then spread the word to all of your Mobile Photography addicted acquaintances, friends, family and everyone else you can think of to help us share the MobiLurve around the globe... :inlove:

Oh, and if you have a minute, please do drop your location pin on the MobiMap, under the Members tab at the top of the page in browser view... ;)

If you should need any assistance on figuring anything MobiTog, or Mobile Photography generally, just shout up, everyone here is so very helpful, otherwise just enjoy your new family of likewise addicted Mobile Photographers... :rog:

I want to continue learning and will try to be active here. I may find it difficult to “share” my photos as I shoot for my own personal pleasure, not to impress others.
Interesting what you said there Larry. I personally only ever shoot for myself and if anyone else likes it well..... its a bonus :)
I'm sure you'll enjoy posting here.

Hi Larry and welcome to Mobitog! So very glad you found us. Love your first two images and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

Welcome to MobiTog Larry!! You've certainly come to the right place to hone your skills and grow in your fanaticism joy of mobile photography. :D I'm looking forward to seeing some images from Alaska... my brother lives there and I've visited twice - it's an amazing place!!

Thanks, RoseCat. Just posted a couple under landscapes.

MotownLarry - Hi Larry and very warm welcome to the Global Mobile Photography Community that is MobiTog, it is great to have you join us from Michigan... :D

A couple of great iMages to start your MobiTog postings with, but don't worry too much about size as the site software should re-size iMages when they are uploaded... :thumbs:

Please feel free to join in with any and all the activities that you fancy - we welcome newcomers active participation with open arms... :)

RoseCat has already given you some very helpful pointers, but the best advice is to just to leap right in and join in anywhere and everywhere you fancy we are quite a friendly bunch really... ;)

Hopefully, you will enjoy our humble offerings and will then spread the word to all of your Mobile Photography addicted acquaintances, friends, family and everyone else you can think of to help us share the MobiLurve around the globe... :inlove:

Oh, and if you have a minute, please do drop your location pin on the MobiMap, under the Members tab at the top of the page in browser view... ;)

If you should need any assistance on figuring anything MobiTog, or Mobile Photography generally, just shout up, everyone here is so very helpful, otherwise just enjoy your new family of likewise addicted Mobile Photographers... :rog:

Thanks. Glad to be here.

Hi Larry & welcome! I just found the group last weekend.
-I, too, usually shoot with my big gal camEra (sold all heavy dslr equip few yrs ago for Oly OMD-EM1) and find it has too much "stuff" for my 'overburdened' techie brain. I started with d100 back in 2001(?) when it first came out. Was busy cleaning sensor with plastic wendys knife back then! On photo tour with a few tour leaders who tht i was nuts using digital! Next yrs tour i was up all night teaching them ti clean their sensors!! NOW techy info has passed me and im struggling how to copy/archive images from iphone!
-i gave up on lightroom, will go back to pshop when needed.
-I TOTALLY prefer my iphone!!!
-kinda learning disabled

Hi Larry & welcome! I just found the group last weekend.
-I, too, usually shoot with my big gal camEra (sold all heavy dslr equip few yrs ago for Oly OMD-EM1) and find it has too much "stuff" for my 'overburdened' techie brain. I started with d100 back in 2001(?) when it first came out. Was busy cleaning sensor with plastic wendys knife back then! On photo tour with a few tour leaders who tht i was nuts using digital! Next yrs tour i was up all night teaching them ti clean their sensors!! NOW techy info has passed me and im struggling how to copy/archive images from iphone!
-i gave up on lightroom, will go back to pshop when needed.
-I TOTALLY prefer my iphone!!!
-kinda learning disabled

I understand completely, Pam. I, too, TOTALLY prefer my iPhone. Starting to think about selling my bridge camera or give it to one of my grandkids.

I got my first smart phone (iPhone6) last June, just prior to our trip to Alaska to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. I took my “real” camera (a super-zoom) to record our travels, but also took about 100 photos with the iPhone. I was blown away with the quality of the pictures. I then took the iPhone Photography course of Emil Pakarklis. A couple of weeks ago on a vacation trip to South Carolina, I resolved to use only my phone. Loved the results. An email from Emil on sharing and learning led me here.

View attachment 75403
View attachment 75404

Shooting for your "own personal pleasure" is a great place to start and a better place to end Larry. Welcome and I look forward to seeing what pleases your eye [emoji106][emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom