MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
image.jpeg

Mashup of fragments of edited Dubbles and other bits & pieces in my cache. iPhone 4s, sketchClub, Brushstroke, Union, Shift. It was colour up till the last draft when I put it thru Shift. I thought the B&W worked for the dark despair (inevitability of) I was imagining.

I love the B&W... despair is the perfect description... but rather than being alone, I see two women, one with her hands to her face, the other comforting her.

(...and now that song is in my head)

Very striking, with dark clouds of what? memory? behind her. I never really "got" most abstract art before, but watching you work and reading your (occasional) comments, I can begin to see it.

I love the B&W... despair is the perfect description... but rather than being alone, I see two women, one with her hands to her face, the other comforting her.

(...and now that song is in my head)

:inlove: Yes I drew/layered in the comforting arms - although in my image-ining she's not being comforted, ie she's not open to the comfort, she's enclosed in her own despair... And there's a man back L - he's the rejecting lover (or whatever - someone has abandoned/betrayed her).
Hm.
Just thinking about the last two images I've posted, I think I better go photograph some cute bunny rabbits or a waterfall or something.. :confused:

Very striking, with dark clouds of what? memory? behind her. I never really "got" most abstract art before, but watching you work and reading your (occasional) comments, I can begin to see it.

I love that you say/see that Ted - such a compliment and joy to me on so many levels. Not least of which I admire your work so much. But (never mind you, let's talk about me) as a relatively new artist (five years if I count everything) I'm learning the joy of experiencing that special whateveritis when there's something in your head and you draw/paint/collage it and someone (esp someone you like/respect) says, for instance, 'I see dark clouds of memory behind her' -- in the place where I saw/drew/painted the dark clouds of memory behind her.

I think I'll go somewhere and die happy now :)

Back
Top Bottom