• Please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU to all our generous & supportive MobiMembers!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Discussion: Data Harvesting

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Which one is that?
I was using BlockBear. I don't know how it rates against the million or so other ad blockers, but it worked without fuss, had a whitelist, and was/is free. Another that seems to be well thought of is AdGuard, which is free and open source. I've downloaded it but haven't tried it out yet.

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
An experiment at cutting out the tech giants from life. Interesting read if you like that sort of thing.

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I use
Gmail
Google docs
Google keep (for notes)
Google photos
Google keyboard
I have a Google Pixel phone
I use Google Chrome for web browsing
oh and Google maps for navigation.....
So I guess my data has been well and truly harvested and baked in a big ole Google loaf ;)

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I use
Gmail
Google docs
Google keep (for notes)
Google photos
Google keyboard
I have a Google Pixel phone
I use Google Chrome for web browsing
oh and Google maps for navigation.....
So I guess my data has been well and truly harvested and baked in a big ole Google loaf ;)
Except for the phone, I use the same apps, plus sheets and Google Classroom (at work).