HipstaPaks FIRST FRIDAY - NOVEMBER - Malasaña Hipstapak

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
This just popped up on the Hipstamatic Gear Page. Looks like we're headed to Madrid. According to Google, "Malasaña is a happening, student-friendly area, with streets filled with coffee shops, bakeries and vintage clothing stores. The Plaza del 2 de Mayo, a historic square lined with lively bars and weekend market stalls, is a popular meeting spot. At night, edgy dance and rock clubs host live bands and DJs, and the Conde Duque cultural center shows art and open-air movies in its 18th-century halls and courtyards." There are no sample photos yet, and it's not yet available in the Hipstamart, but here are the images and descriptions:

Malasaña Hipstapak
Contents: Film and Lens
Spanish Abstraction
malasana.png

Franco lens
Style: Warm yellows
A simple lens that adds much warmth and emphasis in the yellow tones to your image.
franco-package.png
franco.png

Libros film
Style: Mid frame abstraction
This film adds fun abstraction and mid-frame effects to your photos. Made in Madrid.
libros-package.png
libros.png

Heads up-

HipstaX just got an update with the new pak. I think it will be a no again for me, but with Hipsta there’s no shaking so I don’t know if the variations will be interesting.

Film seems to double expose, or shift everything to the right, and if the frame is on it puts a film strip down the middle?? And on the sides on another one I looked at.

Examples soon.

Interesting. I guess now we know what they mean by “mid-frame effects”. They talk about warm yellows in the lens, but only one of your photos had that. The rest are cool blues. Thanks.

I’m ambivalent about the film. The split frame affect does nothing for me, but when it properly frames a photo, it looks interesting. Although I will admit I quite like what it did with my scooter photo. I have no reservations about the lens. I like it. Hopefully when it shows up on Hipstamatic Classic, we can shake to change the affect.
DC2173CC-E439-4767-B64F-CAF4EE0E040A.jpeg
06C1B27A-F29D-4628-8EB7-141B62364838.jpeg

8AEB427A-30BC-4C50-871C-36EC68D0018F.jpeg

4C9B2DF8-222C-491D-91D4-A25A2682B3CF.jpeg

If you open HipstaX and click on the H in the bottom right, the camera should lift up and reveal the November Gear Update. It’s the lens and film, not a Hipstapak, but you can now make a camera with these items, and edit photos you import.
404DB60E-7F34-4AD7-89A6-31B5301CC9E8.jpeg

A3F81659-8E05-47E9-B880-D6ED4EB81289.jpeg

If you open HipstaX and click on the H in the bottom right, the camera should lift up and reveal the November Gear Update. It’s the lens and film, not a Hipstapak, but you can now make a camera with these items, and edit photos you import.
View attachment 187271
View attachment 187269
Aha! You still make your own camera! I thought it would just magically appear when I tapped the new gear. I really ought to use this more often. I tend to use it and learn stuff, leave it alone for a while and forget everything I learned.

Thank you!!!!

The pak is finally available for Classic. There is now a single sample shot on the gear page. It's been so long since I used a Hipstapak that you could shake to change the outcome, I've kind of forgotten when to shake. Right after taking the photo but before opening it up in photos, right?

Photo by Ryan Dorshort
malasana_1-36ea2a00-53f7-4ffa-aaa9-216e3edad672.jpeg

The pak is finally available for Classic. There is now a single sample shot on the gear page. It's been so long since I used a Hipstapak that you could shake to change the outcome, I've kind of forgotten when to shake. Right after taking the photo but before opening it up in photos, right?

Photo by Ryan Dorshort
View attachment 187446
No idea about the shake option Kent, I assumed for a while it was only an X option

Back
Top Bottom