Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1459108140.235580.jpg

iPhone 5S native cam, VSCO

A second shot of fishermen I took this weekend... the middle guy is holding his dog in his lap. [emoji4]

Did they catch anything?!

I think lots of us girls miss the point of fishing - it's not the catching, it's the possibility of catching. That's what keeps them on damp river banks and lakesides for hours on end with their little electronic beeper gadgety thing that wakes them up when they've got a nibble. :)

I think lots of us girls miss the point of fishing - it's not the catching, it's the possibility of catching. That's what keeps them on damp river banks and lakesides for hours on end with their little electronic beeper gadgety thing that wakes them up when they've got a nibble. :)
My Uncle was and my brother is a huge fan of fishing.... I definitely never "got it". I ESPECIALLY don't get when they catch the fish and then release them back. WHY put the fish through that for sport?? Those hooks are horrible. :barf: I'm happy they get released... but.....

My Uncle was and my brother is a huge fan of fishing.... I definitely never "got it". I ESPECIALLY don't get when they catch the fish and then release them back. WHY put the fish through that for sport?? Those hooks are horrible. :barf: I'm happy they get released... but.....

I know. I agree; hooks, by their very nature, introduce infections. It'll be contentious, but a fish isn't exactly endowed with enormous intelligence. Where's the sport in catching something with a rod that you could just as easily (if not more easily) catch with a net? But it's one of the, if not the, most popular sport in the world, so I guess we just don't understand. I'm happy with that :thumbs:.

Fishing was "it" for me when I was 11. Fellows would be pissed I went home with a stringer full of fish. My mother got the fishing bug, and got into boating. In those days, u didn't see women steering boats, no less backing a twin screw 38 ft boat into a slip. She had a 21 ft boat when I was probably 12. Their last boat was a 38 ft...She could navigate by stars and could have been a registered boat captain with a few more hours. Dad took his power squadron tests and had to cheat to pass. The only time he'd steer the boat was when she was either in the head or making him a sandwich. She could turn the ends of boat lines (not sure of the term), where she'd make the loop and then ?weave? The end back into itself. I would only feel safe if she was at the helm. Dad would sit back, relax and just enjoy himself... He was a true workaholic, and deserved this time. He spoiled her rotten!!!!
That's my fishing/boating story and I'm sticking to it. I'd enjoy fishing again I'm sure, and fly fishing is on my bucket list. I learned to scuba dive at 42-once moving to FL it was either the photography one diving for me....I sold my tanks/gear and stayed with the camEra and never regretted it!

Fishing was "it" for me when I was 11. Fellows would be pissed I went home with a stringer full of fish. My mother got the fishing bug, and got into boating. In those days, u didn't see women steering boats, no less backing a twin screw 38 ft boat into a slip. She had a 21 ft boat when I was probably 12. Their last boat was a 38 ft...She could navigate by stars and could have been a registered boat captain with a few more hours. Dad took his power squadron tests and had to cheat to pass. The only time he'd steer the boat was when she was either in the head or making him a sandwich. She could turn the ends of boat lines (not sure of the term), where she'd make the loop and then ?weave? The end back into itself. I would only feel safe if she was at the helm. Dad would sit back, relax and just enjoy himself... He was a true workaholic, and deserved this time. He spoiled her rotten!!!!
That's my fishing/boating story and I'm sticking to it. I'd enjoy fishing again I'm sure, and fly fishing is on my bucket list. I learned to scuba dive at 42-once moving to FL it was either the photography one diving for me....I sold my tanks/gear and stayed with the camEra and never regretted it!
What a fantastic story!! I love your mom... :notworthy: I've always wanted to learn how to dive, but I can't swim so I guess I'd need to learn THAT first. :lol: :whistle:

What a fantastic story!! I love your mom... :notworthy: I've always wanted to learn how to dive, but I can't swim so I guess I'd need to learn THAT first. :lol: :whistle:

Nope, you don't need to know how to swim. You have a buoyancy jacket to keep you afloat and a set of weights to help you sink o_O. Florida is the most wonderful place to dive. I've dived out of Key Largo lots of times (Amy Slates- don't know if it's still there). The diving is shallow, the water's warm and when you plop over the side it's like being in an aquarium.

Nope, you don't need to know how to swim. You have a buoyancy jacket to keep you afloat and a set of weights to help you sink o_O. Florida is the most wonderful place to dive. I've dived out of Key Largo lots of times (Amy Slates- don't know if it's still there). The diving is shallow, the water's warm and when you plop over the side it's like being in an aquarium.
[emoji33] What?? Who knew?! Must keep it on my bucket list then. [emoji106]

And...there are places in the Keys u can go on boats (looe Key) to snorkel and see as much as when diving-using a bc (buoyancy jacket) - i think its near key largo!

And...there are places in the Keys u can go on boats (looe Key) to snorkel and see as much as when diving-using a bc (buoyancy jacket) - i think its near key largo!
Have never been to Key West.... on my list too! (SO MANY places on my list.... :barf: )

You're absolutely right Pam. Snorkellers see lots more things because they're on top of everything looking down. Several times we came up from dives with the snorkellers asking if we saw that turtle or those barracuda and we hadn't. The Keys are amazing. Love them and the vibe.

You're absolutely right Pam. Snorkellers see lots more things because they're on top of everything looking down. Several times we came up from dives with the snorkellers asking if we saw that turtle or those barracuda and we hadn't. The Keys are amazing. Love them and the vibe.
I had a bad snorkeling experience in Cancun... :barf: Was SO excited to go.... but, I get seasick pretty easily (and the older I get, even MORE easily it seems) and the water was really rough. I felt horrible on the boat ride out, but figured once we stopped and I got in the water all would be okay.

NOT. :barf: :barf: :barf:

Suffice to say I was immediately GREEN with stomach churning, tried to ignore it and focus on what I was looking at, to no avail. Barfed (was immediately surrounded by fish who were enjoying my, erm, grotesque snack :barf: Surprisingly this was the highlight as I was kind of excited to have all the fish around me!!! :lmao: ) prayed it would end soon and we'd go back to the boat, the boat ride back was even worse, me sitting clutching the side of the boat while everyone else told stories about all the cool stuff they saw. :lmao:

I had a bad snorkeling experience in Cancun... :barf: Was SO excited to go.... but, I get seasick pretty easily (and the older I get, even MORE easily it seems) and the water was really rough. I felt horrible on the boat ride out, but figured once we stopped and I got in the water all would be okay.

NOT. :barf: :barf: :barf:

Suffice to say I was immediately GREEN with stomach churning, tried to ignore it and focus on what I was looking at, to no avail. Barfed (was immediately surrounded by fish who were enjoying my, erm, grotesque snack :barf: Surprisingly this was the highlight as I was kind of excited to have all the fish around me!!! :lmao: ) prayed it would end soon and we'd go back to the boat, the boat ride back was even worse, me sitting clutching the side of the boat while everyone else told stories about all the cool stuff they saw. :lmao:

Sorry Catherine but that's so funny :lol::oops:. I was the same on an inflatible in South Africa going out to watch whales. We went past a shark boat and they had chummed the water (disgusting smell) and I wanted to throw myself in and let the shark eat me. Unfortunately, I was the first to be sick and everyone else followed. Very embarrassing. I also always got sea sick on the first day of every diving holiday. In the end the dive master used to tell everyone to ignore me because "she always does that". Also embarrassing.

Sorry Catherine but that's so funny :lol::oops:. I was the same on an inflatible in South Africa going out to watch whales. We went past a shark boat and they had chummed the water (disgusting smell) and I wanted to throw myself in and let the shark eat me. Unfortunately, I was the first to be sick and everyone else followed. Very embarrassing. I also always got sea sick on the first day of every diving holiday. In the end the dive master used to tell everyone to ignore me because "she always does that". Also embarrassing.
It is funny, and I do love telling this story... most people just say "Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!" Glad you *get it*. ;)

And ROTFLMAO at your story!!!! :lmao: I've never had the *pleasure* of smelling chum. :eek: :barf: Totally LOL-ing over "she always does that". :D We should go snorkeling together sometime!! :D

Back
Top Bottom