Hipstamatic Cheat Codes

Populuxe

MobiAddict
Real Name
Kent Kangley
Device
iPhone15
Since I’ve now got an iPhone 15 (did I mention that? ) I’ve decided to reinstall the usurper Hipstamatic. I’ve been looking through the various features and I see there is a place to enter cheat codes. Apparently it unlocks hidden non-standard Hipstamatic functionality you can’t get anywhere else. They’ve publicly released the first code, so I won’t bother spoiler tagging it. KUBRICK allows you to used various different aspect ratios. The only other cheat code I’ve found is
ANSEL
. It unlocks a black and white viewfinder. The cheat codes you’ve unlocked can be found in the cheat code menu in “customize camera”. Once you’ve unlocked the
ANSEL
feature, you can turn it on and off there.
IMG_2979.jpeg

Since I’ve now got an iPhone 15 (did I mention that? ) I’ve decided to reinstall the usurper Hipstamatic. I’ve been looking through the various features and I see there is a place to enter cheat codes. Apparently it unlocks hidden non-standard Hipstamatic functionality you can’t get anywhere else. They’ve publicly released the first code, so I won’t bother spoiler tagging it. KUBRICK allows you to used various different aspect ratios. The only other cheat code I’ve found is
ANSEL
. It unlocks a black and white viewfinder. The cheat codes you’ve unlocked can be found in the cheat code menu in “customize camera”. Once you’ve unlocked the
ANSEL
feature, you can turn it on and off there.
View attachment 199956
Cool. I’ll begin playing with this immediately.

That’s only ONE of my current problems with it right now! The app’s no longer notifying me when it’s golden hour. And the most frustrating is that every single shot I take gives me an error message and then hipsta quits when I try to open the photos tab...but if I use “revert image” in iOS Photos the images go from just gray background to the actual photo I shot. ‍♀️ The new double exposure feature (which I LOVE!) doesn’t function at all now.

For the past four days I’ve had to shoot using Classic and periodically open Hipstamatic to see if I’ve achieved stamps for Photo Walk and Snappy Hour.

That’s only ONE of my current problems with it right now! The app’s no longer notifying me when it’s golden hour. And the most frustrating is that every single shot I take gives me an error message and then hipsta quits when I try to open the photos tab...but if I use “revert image” in iOS Photos the images go from just gray background to the actual photo I shot. ‍♀️ The new double exposure feature (which I LOVE!) doesn’t function at all now.

For the past four days I’ve had to shoot using Classic and periodically open Hipstamatic to see if I’ve achieved stamps for Photo Walk and Snappy Hour.
You’ve got one on me. When I try to edit in photos it says it can’t download the photo. I still get stamps. I get one every day for continuing my streak, even though I have no images to show for it. :lmao: I hope they get this figured out soon.

Oddly, I downloaded the app on to my mini and it working. A little bulky to carry around.

I did have a couple of problems after loading the cheat codes. Kept on crashing but then it suddenly righted itself. Not sure what I did. Fine now.

You’ve got one on me. When I try to edit in photos it says it can’t download the photo. I still get stamps. I get one every day for continuing my streak, even though I have no images to show for it. :lmao: I hope they get this figured out soon.

Oddly, I downloaded the app on to my mini and it working. A little bulky to carry around.
Oh wow — you can’t even revert the photos outside of Hipstamatic? I still get my stamps as well — thank goodness because I think I’m on 812ish days! But it can take 20 or more photos before I achieve the photo walk stamp o_O

Oh wow — you can’t even revert the photos outside of Hipstamatic? I still get my stamps as well — thank goodness because I think I’m on 812ish days! But it can take 20 or more photos before I achieve the photo walk stamp o_O
What’s your username on Hipstamatic, Carrie?

I had no idea the walks got longer as you progressed.

New cheat code:
WARHOL
"Film-emulated multiple exposure. More accurate (overexposed) film emulation when shooting with multi-exposure."
I’m afraid to change anything. I’m still have a problem with the app freezing. I can take a photo, post a photo, but then it freezes.

New cheat code:
DORBOWSKI
“Camera layout mimics 1982 Hipstamatic Camera Model 100.”

New cheat code:
DORBOWSKI
“Camera layout mimics 1982 Hipstamatic Camera Model 100.”
I received an email from Hipstamatic this morning. I see line of cheat codes with [redacted] at the end. How did you get to the code you posted?
Screen shot
IMG_2206.jpeg

Since it’s supposed to make the UI look like the original Model 100, I figured it was related to the story that the app is based on a cheap plastic camera made in Wisconsin in 1982. Under the red cross out lines you can see just enough to make out
Dorbowski, the name of the brothers who supposedly invented the camera.

Back
Top Bottom