Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1440528781.224327.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1440528801.908446.jpg

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1440528821.410275.jpg

5S native camera, Snapseed

Nice! If you can say that about such atmospheric images. Love the consistency of the edits.

I really like them for all of the above reasons :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: What is the backstory on the building? Hope it is going to be restored. Kurt

What a gorgeous property. I love your "peeps" through the shutter. The colors are reminiscent of an old oil painting
Well done, my friend! Love the "unanswered questions" each image contains!
Thank you very much! Jeffrey, they reminded me of an oil painting too.. :)

I really like them for all of the above reasons :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: What is the backstory on the building? Hope it is going to be restored. Kurt
Thank you!! :D You know..... I don't know the back story. :oops: It's situated in the Susquehannock State Park in Lancaster County PA, but there was just the sign on the front, no informational plaque.

------>You got me interested so I Googled it:

James B. Long Home – 1850
As part of his inheritance, James chose a piece of his father’s land to farm and build a home for his wife Catherine and six children. Constructed of field stone, it would have been covered in stucco and it still retains its slate roof. The front door is a “Bible and Cross” frame and panel door and the side door is an older style plank door. Inside the walls are horsehair plaster and one room has a large cooking fireplace with panel doors to close when not in use keeping out the cold. On the opposite side of the house is a small chimney for a parlor stove. The floors are constructed of wide wood planks. In the basement’s earthen floor is a cold cellar for storing preserved foods. While the exterior of the structure has been stabilized the interior is currently not safe for public visitation.

And this:
The Drumore Sickle
Scotch-Irish began homesteading the eastern shore of the Susquehanna River as early as 1715. They called the area Drumore after Dromore, a place in Ireland where many Scotch-Irish families emigrated from, including the Long and Neel families. Drumore became known for the manufacturing of sickles and scythes used for grain harvesting. The Drumore Sickle had a reputation for its quality and affordable price which drove the English competition out of the market. There were several sickle makers in Drumore, crafting sickles and scythes in small blacksmith shops and larger sickle mills. The Long family are standouts with four generations of sickle and scythe makers beginning in the early 1700s through the 1860s. By the 1860s, the scythe was the standard reaping tool. It would be the late 1880s before machines like the McCormick’s Reaper would replace the sickle and scythe on the farm. James Buchanan Long was among the last sickle makers in Drumore township, having worked alongside his grandfather and father. He would also be the executor of both of their estates.​

Thank you very much! Jeffrey, they reminded me of an oil painting too.. :)

Thank you!! :D You know..... I don't know the back story. :oops: It's situated in the Susquehannock State Park in Lancaster County PA, but there was just the sign on the front, no informational plaque.

------>You got me interested so I Googled it:

James B. Long Home – 1850
As part of his inheritance, James chose a piece of his father’s land to farm and build a home for his wife Catherine and six children. Constructed of field stone, it would have been covered in stucco and it still retains its slate roof. The front door is a “Bible and Cross” frame and panel door and the side door is an older style plank door. Inside the walls are horsehair plaster and one room has a large cooking fireplace with panel doors to close when not in use keeping out the cold. On the opposite side of the house is a small chimney for a parlor stove. The floors are constructed of wide wood planks. In the basement’s earthen floor is a cold cellar for storing preserved foods. While the exterior of the structure has been stabilized the interior is currently not safe for public visitation.

And this:
The Drumore Sickle
Scotch-Irish began homesteading the eastern shore of the Susquehanna River as early as 1715. They called the area Drumore after Dromore, a place in Ireland where many Scotch-Irish families emigrated from, including the Long and Neel families. Drumore became known for the manufacturing of sickles and scythes used for grain harvesting. The Drumore Sickle had a reputation for its quality and affordable price which drove the English competition out of the market. There were several sickle makers in Drumore, crafting sickles and scythes in small blacksmith shops and larger sickle mills. The Long family are standouts with four generations of sickle and scythe makers beginning in the early 1700s through the 1860s. By the 1860s, the scythe was the standard reaping tool. It would be the late 1880s before machines like the McCormick’s Reaper would replace the sickle and scythe on the farm. James Buchanan Long was among the last sickle makers in Drumore township, having worked alongside his grandfather and father. He would also be the executor of both of their estates.​
Very interesting and informative! I love how one thing leads to another and we've all learned something from it! :thumbs::thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom