JohnnyMakai

MobiStar
Real Name
Johnny
Device
Shot with the native camera - iPhone 5s

Edited with VSCOcam

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1444363365.816729.jpg

Nice work. The triangle of golden light is great, of course, but also well done with the deep shadow on the left, which has just the barest amount of detail that makes it work for me. With no detail, I think that shadow would have unbalanced the image but more detail would have drawn my eye that way and changed the mood.

Nice work. The triangle of golden light is great, of course, but also well done with the deep shadow on the left, which has just the barest amount of detail that makes it work for me. With no detail, I think that shadow would have unbalanced the image but more detail would have drawn my eye that way and changed the mood.
I read in someone's blog that perfect photo should be full shade areas and an overabundance of light. What do you think about it?

I read in someone's blog that perfect photo should be full shade areas and an overabundance of light. What do you think about it?

I think there's no one way to produce a great photo. Full shade and abundant light can make a striking shot. So can a scene that has no whites or blacks at all but is all mid-tones. Someone somewhere can make a great image that breaks any rule you care to name.

I LOVE this! The light is beautiful and it really captures that slightly desolate vibe of downtown LA in the evening.

Thank you and you're right. That's why I chose to leave the slightest bit of detail so one didn't get lost in an abyss of black.

IMO, a perfect photo is exactly what the creator thinks is perfect. :thumbs: (but then, I don't like too many *rules* when it comes to art) ;)

YES! I'm a rule breaker, for sure! :D

I LOVE this! The light is beautiful and it really captures that slightly desolate vibe of downtown LA in the evening.

Thank you!

Brilliant photo, perfect light.

For perfect photos there are no rules. Everything is possible and everything can look perfect.

Thank you!
Wonderfully captured!!

Thank you!

Brilliant photo, perfect light.

For perfect photos there are no rules. Everything is possible and everything can look perfect.

I will never agree with you. Regulation is always there...
Remember the rule of "golden section".

I will never agree with you. Regulation is always there...
Remember the rule of "golden section".
Breaking those rules can be inspirational. I heard this somewhere, don't remember where and I don't remember the exact words: "There is only one rule: there is no rule." :)

Back
Top Bottom