afterfocus_1393016490090.jpg

"Friday bliss"

20140221_162550_1_20140221165859888.jpg

"Siesta"

afterfocus_1392998870401.jpg

"taking aim"

afterfocus_1392997927508_1.jpg

"not of this World"

Took a stroll this afternoon and nabbed a couple of shots.

Samsung S4 - Snapseed - Pixlr Express / After Focus Pro

@iCatMilton - Wowsas indeed Cat, these are really, I mean really exceptional street iMages... :notworthy:

I am seriously in awe at how you have captured the light so perfectly in all of these, and don't get me started on the wonderful range of tones in each one!

The first of the set, Friday Bliss, is immensely powerful Cat, I don't think I have witnessed a much classier black & white street iMage, simply stunning lady... :thumbs:

And, you are among friends and Mobile Photography passionistas here who will always appreciate your work, no more nerves necessary here my dear... :D

@iCatMilton - Wowsas indeed Cat, these are really, I mean really exceptional street iMages... :notworthy:

I am seriously in awe at how you have captured the light so perfectly in all of these, and don't get me started on the wonderful range of tones in each one!

The first of the set, Friday Bliss, is immensely powerful Cat, I don't think I have witnessed a much classier black & white street iMage, simply stunning lady... :thumbs:

And, you are among friends and Mobile Photography passionistas here who will always appreciate your work, no more nerves necessary here my dear... :D

Thanks so much Rog / @Venomator.

I LOVE having this forum to share them to! Thank you to you and all the team.

Nerves are such a funny thing. Literally butterflies in the tummy!
I couldn't even quite define why.
I so admire street photographers but it's a whole new genre of photography for me.
I've done events and landscapes but strangers in the moment - whole new ball game!
(I took about 10 shots last year but it was so nerve-wracking I gave up for a good while)

I'm sure I'll grow through it - and people's encouragement here helps enormously!
(Thank you, thank you, thank you!)

xxXxx

Ps. I might just screen shot your comments and refer to them before I post each time, hehe!

@Mikeraboy - thank you so much!
I get so ruddy nervous sharing my images Sometimes - so grateful someone appreciates them!

xxXxx
Thanks so much Rog / @Venomator.

I LOVE having this forum to share them to! Thank you to you and all the team.

I so admire street photographers but it's a whole new genre of photography for me.
I've done events and landscapes but strangers in the moment - whole new ball game!
(I took about 10 shots last year but it was so nerve-wracking I gave up for a good while)

I'm sure I'll grow through it - and people's encouragement here helps enormously!
(Thank you, thank you, thank you!)

xxXxx

Ps. I might just screen shot your comments and refer to them before I post each time, hehe!
I definitely understand self-doubt, and nervousness. But coming from the other side, the viewing side, all I can say is WOW your street shots are some of the best I've ever seen!!! :notworthy: I'm always excited when I've seen you posted something... "Oooooo....what great shot did Cat take today??" :D

I definitely understand self-doubt, and nervousness. But coming from the other side, the viewing side, all I can say is WOW your street shots are some of the best I've ever seen!!! :notworthy: I'm always excited when I've seen you posted something... "Oooooo....what great shot did Cat take today??" :D

@RoseCat, I just popped back in before heading off to bed and your comments have given me the biggest grin! Thank you so much - for understanding and the compliments. Day made and so pleased I decided to stop lurking and get involved!

Thank you, thank, thank you!

xxXxx

Your images have something, a style that really grabs the viewer, something very hard to put into words and unlike anyone else's!

afterfocus_1393107918023.jpg

"He watches over them"

Samsung S4 - Snapseed - After Focus Pro - Pixlr Express

This was a desperately hard shot to get. I was watching the bearded chap, looking for the moment the image would tell a story and then as he ambled, he for a moment was before this couple and I saw it, "He watches over them"...

Simply stunning Cat. I echo what others have posted. Your shots have that journalistic quality about them. It's the "story" you capture plus the look. It goes along with my signature quote from Ansel Adams, "A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into". Fantastic work and thanks for sharing :)

View attachment 50489
"He watches over them"

This was a desperately hard shot to get. I was watching the bearded chap, looking for the moment the image would tell a story and then as he ambled, he for a moment was before this couple and I saw it, "He watches over them"...
Amazing capture! Your patience definitely paid off.

Took a stroll this afternoon and nabbed a couple of shots. Samsung S4 - Snapseed - Pixlr Express / After Focus Pro

Such simple images - so look-at-able! I love the mono - thinking they would not work the same way in colour? (Or: how do you choose when to mono and when to colour?)

View attachment 50489
"He watches over them"

Otherworldly!

Such simple images - so look-at-able! I love the mono - thinking they would not work the same way in colour? (Or: how do you choose when to mono and when to colour?)

I love colour @zenjenny and mono is a (very) new thing for me.

Ibiza is an extremely colourful island - no black or blue suits here (they're so rare that they tend to generate comment - 'look, a suit!', I jest not!) but instead hippy style and bright colours rule.
Even the buildings - vibrant blue, red, yellow window frames, the trees and plants - vibrant greens of low hanging palm trees - vivid blue skies - the island is a cacophony of colours.

However, the sheer weight of so many colours can sometimes overwhelm the subject or story I want to try and bring out from the image so I started playing with mono...

I'm on a massive learning curve with it all, to be honest but right now governed by little more than what allows the story to be seen most clearly - and even that is a matter of personal taste ... !

xxXxx

Great 'set' but the first one (Friday Bliss) really grabbed me. That's kind of shot that makes me want to do some street ...

... but there is a voice in my head dissuading me from doing so. I think there was maybe something in my upbringing in the UK where people around me would have thought this was something rude to do, even invasive, and that message is so ingrained I can't shut that voice up - even if logically I actually don't believe that to be the case.

I was talking to someone y'day who is married to a more well known street 'tog and he was sharing some of the techniques used. Utterly fascinating, but still I would struggle even knowing some of those.

So you're pictures now seem even better given that you had that extra hurdle.

Great 'set' but the first one (Friday Bliss) really grabbed me. That's kind of shot that makes me want to do some street ...

... but there is a voice in my head dissuading me from doing so. I think there was maybe something in my upbringing in the UK where people around me would have thought this was something rude to do, even invasive, and that message is so ingrained I can't shut that voice up - even if logically I actually don't believe that to be the case.

I was talking to someone y'day who is married to a more well known street 'tog and he was sharing some of the techniques used. Utterly fascinating, but still I would struggle even knowing some of those.

So you're pictures now seem even better given that you had that extra hurdle.

I fear the British mentality has impacted greatly on me too, @Darren@RI

I often act like such a dimwit in public to disguise the fact that I'm using the phone as a camera.

My friends and partner have recently surprised me by trying to help - they role play, to pull my attention in a more natural manner towards the subject I'm trying to shoot. I didn't ask - it just started to happen off the back of my under-the-breath 'Dear God, there's a photo!' :lol: Floored me!

Btw, congrat's and indeed thanks for stepping up and becoming part of the staff team! (bit new to this forum and keep getting names and bits wrong - but I think I saw a recent post to that effect!?)

xxXxx

Bravo! I know exactly how you feel. Have great admiration for street photographers, but grew up in the rural West, and you just did not intrude into people's space unless invited. I have never been comfortable shooting on the street either, but have been thinking about getting one of these: http://shop.hilolens.com to see if it will at least reduce the block.

I have a HiLo ,but am not going to use it until I get a case for it. The case secures it, otherwise it just sticks to the iPhone. It kept falling off, so I put it away until the case comes. I bought it to do street photos. Very sneaky!.

image.jpg

'Elevensies'

I'm officially on holiday.
It's a bit of a misnomer but heh, one can try.

Attempt 1 is to visit a beach and enjoy 'elevensies' at a gorgeous beach front cafe.

Seems I wasn't alone with such a hankering ;-) Impressed by glass of wine at such an hour however!

iPhone 5S - Snapseed.

Back
Top Bottom