NEW iPad - 3rd Generation Anyone... :)

richardcb said:
You may need to prepare a large pot of that tea, Blake. I've spent the last four hours trying to restore the contents of my iPad 2 to the new iPad! Both iCloud and iTunes methods have given me problems and caused me to reset the iPad three times. Wondering if there are problems with the Apple servers working overtime.

I'm hoping that, because this is my first iPad and I only have to transfer purchased iphone apps, my set up won't be quite as problematic. We'll see though.

Here's hoping my next post is from my iPad!

I wish it was as easy to move apps around on the iPad as it is on my iPhone. Why won't it let me move apps on to a different screen without having to do it via iTunes? Also, it won't charge from my laptop usb ports which is annoying.

On the plus side of things I do like the screen and I have a camera connector coming from ebay that allows me to use a usb and sd cards.

CJ! said:
I wish it was as easy to move apps around on the iPad as it is on my iPhone. Why won't it let me move apps on to a different screen without having to do it via iTunes?

I was having this same problem, but it's actually not impossible to move them from the iPad screens, it just takes some patience. The icons seem to bounce around, but they will eventually move to another screen. You have to do it just right, though.

Reactions: CJ!
Oh yeah, and this post is being sent from my new iPad. Am way too tired to do much in the way of experimentation, but it works!

(And Mobitog is lovely on this huge screen!)

I was having this same problem, but it's actually not impossible to move them from the iPad screens, it just takes some patience. The icons seem to bounce around, but they will eventually move to another screen. You have to do it just right, though.

Thanks. Just had another try and it works, much happier now.

Also, it won't charge from my laptop usb ports which is annoying.
That's probably because it's not drawing enough power from the laptop, Christopher. Don't forget the iPad needs (I think) a 10w supply whereas the iPhone only uses 5w.

Actually, it will charge from your laptop, despite the 'Not charging' message. It just takes a LOT longer! :)

That always happens with a new release - I've found restoring in the wee hours of the morning works wonderfully. Or around 6AM. The servers just get slammed ! Everyone trying to access at the same time..the window for access narrows. at least that's what my tekkie friends tell me...I've followed the early AM routine with no problems..for all of my ithings that need restoring.

Patience...:angry: is not a virtue when you want your ithing !!! lol
d
You are so right, Delta. Thanks. I finally got my new iPad synced via iCloud around 2:30 this am! :thumbs:

Reason #4376 I don't own a cat. I may well have kicked it into orbit in frustration earlier today. :sneaky:

I got the new iPad for my job today. I would be more excited if I could put my personal stuff on it. Sigh!

The display is even better than my old iPad 2 and I'm looking forward to the dictation feature.

You are so right, Delta. Thanks. I finally got my new iPad synced via iCloud around 2:30 this am! :thumbs:

Reason #4376 I don't own a cat. I may well have kicked it into orbit in frustration earlier today. :sneaky:

Hope you mean kicked the ipad and not the cat!!

I came across this quote during the week.

"
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. - Emo Philips"
Do you think it will work with an iPad3? :D

richardcb said:
That's probably because it's not drawing enough power from the laptop, Christopher. Don't forget the iPad needs (I think) a 10w supply whereas the iPhone only uses 5w.

Actually, it will charge from your laptop, despite the 'Not charging' message. It just takes a LOT longer! :)

No, it has been plugged in but it is still dropping faster than it can charge. Maybe if I stopped using it then it might have a chance.

CJ! said:
No, it has been plugged in but it is still dropping faster than it can charge. Maybe if I stopped using it then it might have a chance.

It will only trickle charge from a lappy and then ONLY if on standby... ;)

Works good on iMac though... :D

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Hoopah !!!!

I am loving it! The difference editing on it compared to my phone is awesome and my old eyes are thanking me. Just started to play with Laminar and it seems good so far.

I came across this quote during the week.
"
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me. - Emo Philips"
Do you think it will work with an iPad3? :D
I think that would apply to any new idevice coming in the next few years, Gareth. :lol:

I think that would apply to any new idevice coming in the next few years, Gareth. :lol:
Err, yes, the world is far from perfect yet, despite Steve's efforts, and scumbags still abound everywhere... :angry:

Hold on tight and be cautious where you use it, but do NOT guard an iDevice with your life... :eek:

You can always get another iDevice... :D

Not necessarily sinister Rich, just plain scary if the stories I've read are true... :eek:

Do not answer any unexpected knocks at your door for a while jic... :D

So... :(

As no-one is, as I had fully anticipated, extolling the must have virtues of the supposedly 'to die for' and awesomest screen ever, I suppose I shall just stick with my trusy iPad2 and save the squidleys... ;)

Now, how long before the 'new' iPhone 5 6th Generation... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Venomator said:

As no-one is, as I had fully anticipated, extolling the must have virtues of the supposedly 'to die for' and awesomest screen ever, I suppose I shall just stick with my trusy iPad2 and save the squidleys... ;)

If I had an iPad 2, I would not have shelled the clams for this one.

That being said, I genuinely believe that owning an iPad might be as life-changing as owning an iPhone was when I got my first. I can see a possibility of never buying a desktop/laptop again.

Just for you, Rog, I will say the screen is nice...very nice. All of the photos I have checked so far look markedly better on the 3rd gen. I haven't had chance to do a direct compare and contrast test yet.

That aside, I will say that the improved screen is not the only reason I went for the 3G (?). The new A5x processor and graphics upgrade will become increasingly necessary as new photo apps come along. They will inevitably get more 'bloated' as new features are added. I also needed more space for them. My 32Gb iPad 2 was already straining at the gills to cope with all my apps, photos and videos. I've now got a 64Mb iPad which I hope will be enough capacity for the next year or so. So it's not all sharp screens. ;)

evenlake said:
If I had an iPad 2, I would not have shelled the clams for this one.

That being said, I genuinely believe that owning an iPad might be as life-changing as owning an iPhone was when I got my first. I can see a possibility of never buying a desktop/laptop again.

richardcb said:
Just for you, Rog, I will say the screen is nice...very nice. All of the photos I have checked so far look markedly better on the 3rd gen. I haven't had chance to do a direct compare and contrast test yet.

That aside, I will say that the improved screen is not the only reason I went for the 3G (?). The new A5x processor and graphics upgrade will become increasingly necessary as new photo apps come along. They will inevitably get more 'bloated' as new features are added. I also needed more space for them. My 32Gb iPad 2 was already straining at the gills to cope with all my apps, photos and videos. I've now got a 64Mb iPad which I hope will be enough capacity for the next year or so. So it's not all sharp screens. ;)

Thank you both, although I have to say the comments are still rather lukewarm compared to the hype... :sneaky:

I am torn still, but will not make this purchase on spec, it will have to wait for a visit to the Apple Store to see for myself... ;)

That's quite a round trip from here, so it may be some time before it happens... :D

I totally hear ya Rog! :thumbs: All this talk has me yearning for this new toy... but I must say I thought this 3rd Gen would be like the difference between the iPhone 3 and the 4S. Just doesn't seem like they changed it much, so I'm thinking I should wait for the iPad 4. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom