RESULT MCC #322 Ends July 9 | Theme: Blur

Drowned blossom
IMG_0825.jpeg

ReeHeld, Photos

Well this worked out well -- 35 submissions (not counting my own). Thanks to all of you who joined in, and I hope you had fun. Picking a winner has been tough, but here goes...

HMs to Rohan for his series of flower portraits (especially the dark backgrounds), RoseCat for her enigmatic yellow blaze in the woods, and Jacosta for her misty beach scene.

Third goes to bud66 for "2 trees" with its eye-catching bold colors and streaky ICM effect.

img_20230703_113159-01-01-jpeg.194063

Second goes to NickLeon, though I'm hard pressed to pick just one of his blur images. After much dithering, I'm going to give second to "I just missed the bus" (just edging out the two red jacket images), with its bright green and perfect motion blur.

img_5158-jpeg.194095

First goes to deepop. Although I could have chosen one of his beautiful flower blurs, the image that really jumped out is the Edward-Hopper-like "At the coffeehouse" where the simplification of the forms draws me in and sparks my imagination (as counterintuitive as that may seem).

img_0819-jpeg.194173

Congrats David, Nick and Tim. And thanks Ted for that theme - hope we see it again before too long.

David, are you thinking theme or no theme for #323?

Congrats to David for that lovely painterly image, and Tim for his fabulous colours. Also many thanks to Ted for a topic that was so much fun to try out.

Back
Top Bottom