RESULT MCC #342, ending April 14, Theme Close-up/Macro

Corked.
IMG_20240411_191004.jpg

Some great images here - and having tried my hand at macro images in the past, I know all too well how difficult it is using a mobile device.

For the Macro Win today…….. djingonthenet Sean with “Let there be light!”

When I first saw this image I had no idea what it was. Molten gold? Golden backlit bean pods? Then seeing the far away version of the light bulb, I was a bit gob smacked! To get an image so clear and sharp, while dealing with the up-close-and-personal aspect of the mobile phone camera trying to focus PLUS dealing with the lighting aspects of an actual light bulb AND then delivering an attractive, clear, interesting image… that is a feat! Well done, Sean!

HMs to all the other contributors this week!

1713318903789.jpeg

Some great images here - and having tried my hand at macro images in the past, I know all too well how difficult it is using a mobile device.

When I first saw this image I had no idea what it was. Molten gold? Golden backlit bean pods? Then seeing the far away version of the light bulb, I was a bit gob smacked! To get an image so clear and sharp, while dealing with the up-close-and-personal aspect of the mobile phone camera trying to focus PLUS dealing with the lighting aspects of an actual light bulb AND then delivering an attractive, clear, interesting image… that is a feat! Well done, Sean!

Thank you RoseCat and congratulations djingonthenet -- that would have been my choice, too.

Theme or no theme for the next round, Sean?

View attachment 201079
I pick this as a winner the moment I laid eyes on it.

Thank you everyone, the image was truly a lightbulb moment....sat staring at it for 5 minutes wondering what I could photograph and then it dawned on me :lmao:

I think for the next comp, let's go with SOOC (straight out of camera) - point, shoot, no editing - subject matter is completely up to you!

Back
Top Bottom