RESULT MCC #343, Theme: Straight Out Of Camera

Lunchtime surprise…
IMG_0820.jpeg

iPhone 15 Pro Max Portrait mode.

I thought I was shooting in jpeg. I’ve had a problem uploading images since I got the 15 pro. I usually open it in Handy Photo then save as a smaller file. I just checked, I was shooting in ProRaw, too. :lmao:
I thought I had a problem uploading my last effort above, with the message 'file size too large' (or something similar). I made a minor crop and it all went ahead OK. Yet I had no problem with the three posted yesterday, nor the dinosaur in a cage above. I'm using the default 24mp setting, and not the RAW.

I thought I had a problem uploading my last effort above, with the message 'file size too large' (or something similar). I made a minor crop and it all went ahead OK. Yet I had no problem with the three posted yesterday, nor the dinosaur in a cage above. I'm using the default 24mp setting, and not the RAW.
This is the same issue I was having. Sometimes a small crop was all I needed. Sometimes it didn’t work. I’ll see how the change in shooting format goes.

This is the same issue I was having. Sometimes a small crop was all I needed. Sometimes it didn’t work. I’ll see how the change in shooting format goes.
Images that are the same size in pixels (3024x4032, say) won't necessarily be the same size in MB. Sometimes, if a file gets rejected as too big, all you need to do is resave it without cropping or editing. Snapseed, for example, defaults to saving JPGs at 85% quality, I think, instead of 100%, which can make quite a bit of difference in MB without a noticeable difference visually.

Images that are the same size in pixels (3024x4032, say) won't necessarily be the same size in MB. Sometimes, if a file gets rejected as too big, all you need to do is resave it without cropping or editing. Snapseed, for example, defaults to saving JPGs at 85% quality, I think, instead of 100%, which can make quite a bit of difference in MB without a noticeable difference visually.
Thanks Ted, useful to know.

So if I take a photo with Hipstamatic and don’t touch it, is that straight out of the camera?? Haven’t done much else lately. This was one taken with my phone by my DH on our last day in SA - with his permission.

View attachment 201132
I define SOOC as using the stock camera app as supplied by the phone manufacturer, third party apps wouldn't qualify. Having said that I wouldn't know unless you told me.

So if I take a photo with Hipstamatic and don’t touch it, is that straight out of the camera?? Haven’t done much else lately. This was one taken with my phone by my DH on our last day in SA - with his permission.

View attachment 201132
Glad you asked that. I was wondering about Hipsta, too.

Thanks Ted, useful to know.
Yes, didn’t realize that.

Back
Top Bottom