N. Highland Condo

swampwizard52

MobiStarter
Real Name
Fred
Device
iPhone 6
This is a photo I've wanted to do for a while. Light was right so................
APC_0019.jpg

This is a photo I've wanted to do for a while. Light was right so................
Great lines Fred, like this one much... :D

Small tip Fred, when you insert your iMages to show them off best, ensure you select the Full Size option... ;)

Oh, and it would be great if you could add in a little about your iMages, such as and Apps you use and details about any post processing you added... :D

Can anybody help me with the photo above? Why is the image above different from the thumbnail? Maybe decrease the image size for the web? Thanks

Jilly the photo is way to enlarged on my comp. Nik software was recently bought by Google is now free. Silver Effects Pro is the main Nik software I use. I would google it and go to the Nik software site. Thank you.

Great lines Fred, like this one much... :D

Small tip Fred, when you insert your iMages to show them off best, ensure you select the Full Size option... ;)

Oh, and it would be great if you could add in a little about your iMages, such as and Apps you use and details about any post processing you added... :D
Is that the reason the above photo is so enlarged and do you notice that the sharpening I did in a smaller image was fine but look at the large image sharpened.

Jilly the photo is way to enlarged on my comp. Nik software was recently bought by Google is now free. Silver Effects Pro is the main Nik software I use. I would google it and go to the Nik software site. Thank you.
Thanks Fred. I had a look, but it seems to be for desktop, or am I wrong?

Ahhhh, that's why I've never heard of it. Did you notice, when you joined Mobitog, that it's a mobile-only site? No desktop work allowed. So only mobile phones and tablets allowed for photography and editing.:)

What I did notice is no desktop software for certain challenges. Why shoot in raw or Dng? What mobile software would u recommend? Thanks

Oh blimey, where shall we start? It all depends on the "look" you want to achieve. There's an App's Chat discussion under the Forum button. I would suggest Snapseed, VSCO, ACDSee Pro, 645 Pro, Camera+ if it's straight processing you're after. We've also got Lzed Larry who reviews lots of the apps here which you should find useful. If there's something in particular you're trying to do, start a new thread asking the question and you'll have more recommendations than you can shake a stick at.:thumbs:

So it's ok to shoot with a dslr camera and upload to mobile phone software for editing? If so for why?
John and Jilly are spot on Fred, we were born out of the early days of Mobile Photography, even before the days of mobile tablets, when iPhoneography was kicking off... ;)

Our mantra then, as it is now, is front and centre of our Terms & Rules, the relevant phrases are reproduced, below, for your convenience:

Mobitog.com Mission Statements

The MobiTog Mantra - “Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device”

MobiTog provides the leading, web based, community dedicated entirely to Mobile Photography taken with and processed on the iPhone and other similar Mobile Device types and platforms.

We welcome anyone who enjoys taking pictures with their Mobile Devices such as; iPhone; iTouch; iPad or; similar Android and other platform Mobile Devices!

The MobiTog provides a community for Mobile Photography image sharing, discussion, comment and criticism, and also meeting people from all walks of life and every corner of the globe.

I hope this helps clarify the confusion and will help you understand where we are coming from?

If you want to read more of our rules of engagement, you can find them > HERE <

Well it's time to grow up.........,.
Seems the mobile app should grow as an artist does. If someone wants to shoot with a mobile camera and edit with a superior mobile app; why not? Sorry but I'm an progressive artist and maybe I picked the wrong forum...........

Seems the mobile app should grow as an artist does. If someone wants to shoot with a mobile camera and edit with a superior mobile app; why not? Sorry but I'm an progressive artist and maybe I picked the wrong forum...........
Not too sure what your argument is here Fred, this place is full of the most progressive, innovative and brilliant artists you are likely to meet anywhere, they ply their trade however they wish, wherever they desire, MobiTog included.

They also manage to do that and still maintain their presence here in accordance with our mantra, which, by the way, has grown and adapted its outlook in line with the mobile movement. Hence we have embraced the innovation in mobile art brought about with the introduction of the iPad, followed, of course, by various other brands and platforms.

So, we 'shoot with a mobile camera' and some of us even 'edit with a superior mobile app', but for their postings here, all we ask, is that it all stages are done on mobile phones or tablets.

However, if you really meant edit with a superior device, such as a desktop then, yes, perhaps your progression is beyond the scope of our community, which is a shame really, because we do welcome progressive artists here too, as long as they are happy to play on the same level of playing field... ;)

Whatever you choose to do, we wish you well and thank you for finding us in the first place... :rog:

Back
Top Bottom