MobiColour RESULT: Mobicolour Challenge #313 Theme: In the Kitchen - Ends April 2

Mise en place
Hipsta
D97DB6AE-54A6-481F-9451-0CFF2783E551.jpeg

IMG_4599.jpeg

Portuguese Allspice is a mix, not a single spice, though just to confuse things, it does include allspice. Ingredients: paprika, black pepper, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, oregano, ginger, clove, lemon zest, orange zest. I glommed the recipe from the web, so I have no idea if it resembles anything actually used in Portugal. (Ricardo rvilhena -- Is this mix at all similar to anything used in Portugal that you know of?) My sister describes it as "a toddler got into the spice cupboard," but I'm quite fond of it myself. It also mixes well with balsamic vinegar for stews and things.

Pixdelmator Photo

EDIT: And by the way, that's our former cutting board, not our current one. It's been demoted to portable workbench.

Last edited:
View attachment 191194

Portuguese Allspice is a mix, not a single spice, though just to confuse things, it does include allspice. Ingredients: paprika, black pepper, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, oregano, ginger, clove, lemon zest, orange zest. I glommed the recipe from the web, so I have no idea if it resembles anything actually used in Portugal. (Ricardo rvilhena -- Is this mix at all similar to anything used in Portugal that you know of?) My sister describes it as "a toddler got into the spice cupboard," but I'm quite fond of it myself. It also mixes well with balsamic vinegar for stews and things.

Pixdelmator Photo
Mmmmm… I can smell it now. Sounds delicious.

I somehow thought I’d get that question. I’ll be back after having consulted the dictionary :thumbs:
This is it:

This challenge is now closed! It’s up to lkbside Leslie to choose a winner!

Thanks to all who participated and thanks to Leslie for coming up with a great theme!!!

MCC # 314 can be found HERE.

Last edited:
And the winners are:

First place rizole with Spatulabstract - very clever! Great interpretation of the theme.

Second Place NickLeon Untitled - looks like a gravy boat in the sink. Nice detail on the soap bubbles, and I love the distinct color of the bubbles in the sink vs. inside the item.

Third Place chineezguy 's photo of knives on the wall. Impressive collection - do you keep them all sharp?

Congrats to all and thanks for participating.

And the winners are:

First place rizole with Spatulabstract - very clever! Great interpretation of the theme.

Second Place NickLeon Untitled - looks like a gravy boat in the sink. Nice detail on the soap bubbles, and I love the distinct color of the bubbles in the sink vs. inside the item.

Third Place chineezguy 's photo of knives on the wall. Impressive collection - do you keep them all sharp?

Tyvm. :notworthy:
Congrats NickLeon and chineezguy.

And the winners are:

Yay for rizole! Congrats to NickLeon and chineezguy too. What's up for the next round?

Back
Top Bottom