MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Larry Zasitko
Device
iPad (Generic)
This showed up a few minutes ago.
Not really sure if I like it right now.
In the previews there is some blurring but with all the shots I took the blurring seems stronger and looks muddy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm loving it so far! I think the lens is great with B&W films:

yzu2a3es.jpg

Also like it with Cano. Here it is with Dixie:

uzuva7u9.jpg

And a little flower for everybody:

uhyruned.jpg

I think I know which lens will be my favorite this month :)

Last edited:
This is Sergio Lens, Blanko Film (Hongdae HipstaPak)
image.jpg

Susie Lens, Maximus LXIX film no flash
image.jpg

Susie Lens, Maximus LXIX Film, Jolly Rainbo Flash
image.jpg

Tinto 1884 Lens, Maximus LXIX Film, no Flash, Oggl
image.jpg

G2 Lens, Maximus LXIX Film, No Flash, Oggl
image.jpg

I am finding a lot of combos that I like :)

What lovely photos y'all have posted in this thread. I actually have a soft spot for the earlier Hipstamatic "blur" lenses, especially Americana. As lkbside says a few posts back, sometimes you get lucky.

This Sergio blur, though, seems a bit strong for most purposes — and the Hipsta folks were pretty darn selective in their "demo" photos, or maybe they were using some early pre-release version of the filter, because the blur in those is much less extreme.

On the positive side if your artistic process entails significant intake of psychotropic substances I can definitely see a place for this lens.

This is Sergio Lens, Blanko Film (Hongdae HipstaPak)
View attachment 53671

Susie Lens, Maximus LXIX film no flash
View attachment 53672

Susie Lens, Maximus LXIX Film, Jolly Rainbo Flash
View attachment 53673

Tinto 1884 Lens, Maximus LXIX Film, no Flash, Oggl
View attachment 53676

G2 Lens, Maximus LXIX Film, No Flash, Oggl
View attachment 53677

I am finding a lot of combos that I like :)
mmmmmmmmm........Cuba. How I miss that beautiful sand on Cayo Coco. Beautiful shot you've taken!

This Sergio blur, though, seems a bit strong for most purposes — and the Hipsta folks were pretty darn selective in their "demo" photos, or maybe they were using some early pre-release version of the filter, because the blur in those is much less extreme.
Indeed! Because the demos show no blur that I can see... :sneaky:

I love the warmth in the combo - colors are delicious - but the more I use it, even this LoftusLover is finding the blur a bit overpowering... Depending on the composition, sometimes the blur doesn't "blend" into the photo nicely, if that makes sense.

image.jpg

Although I love the colors in this shot, the blur seems really defined around the edges, and with the clear center... it just looks weird to me. But it doesn't happen in every shot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom