MobiSupporter
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
image.jpeg

Lightened in SnapSeed with auto tune and Glamourglow.

image.jpeg

iPhone 6s+, iColorama (composite) Union. And other stuff.

Last edited:
Wikipedia:

"The Purdue Pegboard Test is a neuropsychological test of manual dexterity and bimanual coordination. The test involves two different abilities: gross movements of arms, hands, and fingers, and fine motor extremity, also called "fingerprint" dexterity.[2] Poor Pegboard performance is a sign of deficits in complex, visually guided, or coordinated movements that are likely mediated by circuits involving the basal ganglia."

"Dr. Joseph Tiffin, an Industrial Psychologist at Purdue University, designed the test in 1948. It was originally intended for assessing the dexterity of assembly line workers."

I assume you're musing to yourself, but since you said it out loud... Maybe just brighten some of the lighter spots without changing the overall lightness?

There's another version above. I'll gave to think about brightening lighter spots - with a different blend later? Or pencil in sketchclub? Or.. Um.

View attachment 82508
Lightened in SnapSeed with auto tune and Glamourglow.

View attachment 82503

iPhone 6s+, iColorama (composite) Union. And other stuff.
The new lighter version looks like bottles on a production line. I'm trying to decide which one I like better. The darker one I think. Sometimes it's nice to have to really investgate an image.

Or ACDSee Pro's Light EQ tool if you have that.

I've never used the curves or EQ thingies in any app :oops: don't know enough about the subtleties of editing. But I'll have a got, bcs I like the blue green, too.

I've never used the curves or EQ thingies in any app :oops: don't know enough about the subtleties of editing. But I'll have a got, bcs I like the blue green, too.
If you have ACDSee Pro, then open your image, tap Adjustments at the bottom left, and then tap Light EQ in the row of Adjustments icons. That'll get you to here:

Snapseed.jpg

Those 5 dials represent the shades of light in your image, roughly corresponding to Blacks, Shadows, Mid-Grays, Highlights, and Whites. When you tap and hold on one of the dials, like Mid-Grays, a number pops up above the dial giving the current reading:

IMG_8395.JPG

Now you can slide your finger straight left or right to make all the parts of your image in that "band" lighter or darker. You'll see the changes in your image in real time.

The Color EQ control works much the same way, except you have dials for 8 colors instead of 5 shades, and you can adjust the hue, saturation, and brightness of each one.

Snapseed.jpg

If you have ACDSee Pro, then open your image, tap Adjustments at the bottom left, and then tap Light EQ in the row of Adjustments icons. That'll get you to here:

View attachment 82550

Those 5 dials represent the shades of light in your image, roughly corresponding to Blacks, Shadows, Mid-Grays, Highlights, and Whites. When you tap and hold on one of the dials, like Mid-Grays, a number pops up above the dial giving the current reading:

View attachment 82553

Now you can slide your finger straight left or right to make all the parts of your image in that "band" lighter or darker. You'll see the changes in your image in real time.

The Color EQ control works much the same way, except you have dials for 8 colors instead of 5 shades, and you can adjust the hue, saturation, and brightness of each one.

View attachment 82552

I forgot I got ACDSee Pro! I need to try this app out...

View attachment 82550

View attachment 82553

View attachment 82552
Great tute Ted. Thank you for that. :thumbs:

At Jen's request, here's an edit of her darker original that I did using ACDSee Pro. I used the Light EQ tool to brighten the top three shades and the Color EQ tool to increase the brightness and tweak the hue of the blues (and maybe a nudge to the saturation, too, I don't remember). I also pulled the Clarity slider down to soften the results a bit.

IMG_8398.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Ted. I like your edit very much, particularly brightening & tweaking the blues, which was my favourite part of the image. I've always been a bit scared off by graphs that seem to require you to know something about colour/light theory . I'm inspired to be a bit braver :)
Many thanks for the tutorial, the inspiration & the better-looking image :) :notworthy: :inlove:

At Jen's request, here's an edit of her darker original that I did using ACDSee Pro. I used the Light EQ tool to brighten the top three shades and the Color EQ tool to increase the brightness and tweak the hue of the blues (and maybe a nudge to the saturation, too, I don't remember). I also pulled the Clarity slider down to soften the results a bit.

View attachment 82658
I live the *glow* you gave it... looks like light through frosted glass. The blue is beautiful.

Yes, thanks Cat -- I forgot to mention the beautiful glow -- terse is that a fx of the reduced clarity?
I think so, yes, if we're thinking of the same thing. After I'd brightened the light areas, the transitions to the darks around looked too sharp? abrupt? So I decreased the Clarity to smooth those, which gives a more glowy effect. (In Snapseed, I'd probably use Glamour Glow to do the same sort of thing.)

Back
Top Bottom