Refine Details/Focus & Improve ShockMyPic Res :: Rusko-Tutorial

I always take the Shocked version and blend it back with the original image using ImageBlender... My brain can relate to that method a bit easier. :blush:

I tried something a bit different as I do not have ArtStudio.
The image was split and shocked and then had the canvas resized exactly as outlines by Nick.
Well almost, I set the background canvas colour of each resized piece to black.
My reassembly took place in Layover.
The pieces were then loaded as layers in Layover.
I set the blending mode for each layer to Screen and moved the slider all the way over to the left.
This had the desired effect (I think).
I would love some feedback from the more technically minded app'ers out there (a.k.a. Nick) to please let me know what they think of this amendment to the process.

Note: Ack, sis and poofey I just noticed that Layover resized the output down to 1024 x 1024 from 1536 x 1536.

Here are the two images:

The Nick-ified image:
View attachment 30817

The original image:
View attachment 30818

Great results, Robert!!

The black background is a fine idea--I do it too, depending on the circumstances. I use the crazy color if I need to select something. As you, and others, are seeing, there's frequently the "cross" where the edges of all four pieces are. Sometimes I select it by color (crazy color helps), or I just select and alpha or delete it.

As for Screen--if that's the look you need, use it! That goes for any other changes: season to taste. Mine was a jumping-off point.

Thanks so much, dude! Good...jump. :)

Nick

Thank you, Nick! I wish the developers of ShockMyPic could push their coding a little further, and offer more resolution. This is the best work-around I have encountered. I have been using the Effects >DeNoise >Anti-Alias option in iColorama with ShockMyPic, but it is still coarse. Great thinking, articulate tutorial, and it is generous of you to take the time to share your discovery!

My pleasure, Carolyn! Anti-aliasing is a fine plan, too. Also, if you're going to blend, anything to rough-up the black (slight lightening) to make it fall away at differen "speeds".

I think this is great. I have to try it. I blend SHOCK and SEGMENTIX IMAGES together on Multiply
I wonder if this process will have similar results

I love Segmentix! If you use my method, the up-rezzed Shock should make the enlarged Sementix look more up-rezzed than just enlarged.

Back
Top Bottom