B&W RESULT: #01 Black & White Challenge

hi all, here's the winner and runner ups for this week's B&W challenge. congrats to the winner/runner ups, as well as to all who submitted images.

1st: rizole - the man with a baker sign in the back. in addition to the framing and lighting, the element that really stood out was the person in the image looking back at the viewer. i think it creates a connection with the viewer when the eyes meet.

2nd: jasongag - the beach scene. the lighting caught my attention here. Again, framing was key in leveraging the tree's shadow/ dark space to direct my eyes to the people and were the action was. good job.

3rd: Terse - the church. Finally, i really just like how the white in this images just popped out at me. Framing and clarity were spot on.
Great job Petyr, well done in selecting and summing up the First of our new MobiB&W Winner & Runners Up, excellent choices sir... :notworthy:

Congratulations rizole, a stunning people pic and I have to agree the eye contact makes all the difference to the iMage... :thumbs:

And very well done to Jasongag & terse as worthy Runners Up... :D

Finally, a huge thank you to every one who has participated in the inaugural B&W Challenge, it is your taking part that makes it all worthwhile, so please do keep 'em coming and enjoy the challenge of participating... ;)

We cannot leave it there without also saying a big thank you to JillyG for taking on this MobiChallenge and administering it extremely well too, three cheers for Jilly... :) :mobibabe: :notworthy:

Nice work, petyrc - thanks for taking up the responsibility of judging in one of your first (!) Mobi B&Ws.

Congrats rizole, I think Petyr nails it when he refers to the power of direct eye contact in this image.
Jasongag I'm loving watching the change in your images since you came home - artistically you seem to have moved seamlessly between chalk & cheese: hope the other changes are as smooth and beautiful.
terse you're in your element with B&W, aren't you? :inlove:

hi all, here's the winner and runner ups for this week's B&W challenge. congrats to the winner/runner ups, as well as to all who submitted images.

1st: rizole - the man with a baker sign in the back. in addition to the framing and lighting, the element that really stood out was the person in the image looking back at the viewer. i think it creates a connection with the viewer when the eyes meet.
View attachment 85327

2nd: jasongag - the beach scene. the lighting caught my attention here. Again, framing was key in leveraging the tree's shadow/ dark space to direct my eyes to the people and were the action was. good job.
View attachment 85328

3rd: Terse - the church. Finally, i really just like how the white in this images just popped out at me. Framing and clarity were spot on.
View attachment 85329
Thank you petyrc for choosing the winners
Congratulations to rizole being the winner Your photo deserve to be the winners Such sharpness and gray scales are fantastic
Jasongag Good framing with the tree and lights being second
terse As always you do create beautiful photos for being third
:thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom