B&W RESULT: #01 Black & White Challenge

f1a54a2cb08595c3e00632aee2b89059.jpg

Silver Gum Outside My Window

Snapseed

It feels serene.

hi all, here's the winner and runner ups for this week's B&W challenge. congrats to the winner/runner ups, as well as to all who submitted images.

1st: rizole - the man with a baker sign in the back. in addition to the framing and lighting, the element that really stood out was the person in the image looking back at the viewer. i think it creates a connection with the viewer when the eyes meet.
FAD3DF96-27ED-42C0-8A3E-2131BA083215-7131-00000910F5A6DE0C_tmp.jpg

2nd: jasongag - the beach scene. the lighting caught my attention here. Again, framing was key in leveraging the tree's shadow/ dark space to direct my eyes to the people and were the action was. good job.
27D7BFFD-6E36-4057-931F-86DFD71FF2ED-7194-00000915F1601F1C_tmp.jpg

3rd: Terse - the church. Finally, i really just like how the white in this images just popped out at me. Framing and clarity were spot on.
5B8824D7-F7B1-464C-9122-9B9390056E08-7194-00000916981A976B_tmp.jpg

hi all, here's the winner and runner ups for this week's B&W challenge. congrats to the winner/runner ups, as well as to all who submitted images.

1st: rizole - the man with a baker sign in the back. in addition to the framing and lighting, the element that really stood out was the person in the image looking back at the viewer. i think it creates a connection with the viewer when the eyes meet.
View attachment 85327

2nd: jasongag - the beach scene. the lighting caught my attention here. Again, framing was key in leveraging the tree's shadow/ dark space to direct my eyes to the people and were the action was. good job.
View attachment 85328

3rd: Terse - the church. Finally, i really just like how the white in this images just popped out at me. Framing and clarity were spot on.
View attachment 85329
Thank you very much petyrc Petyr - a lovely summing up and worthy winners, all three. Well done rizole Rizole. That was a great photo. Now you have to decide if the next Black & White Challenge has a theme, or not - your choice.

View attachment 85327

View attachment 85328

View attachment 85329
Well done rizole a worthy winner :thumbs: and congrats Jasongag and terse as well :thumbs::thumbs:
Nice one petyrc, as first time judge you did brilliantly ;)

View attachment 85327

View attachment 85328

View attachment 85329
Thanks petyrc for the win :notworthy:, I wouldn't have chosen me this week but will take it with good grace. Well done every one else. I thought Jasongag was particularly strong this week.

View attachment 85327

View attachment 85328

View attachment 85329
Thanks, petyrc. I'm honored to have my photo on the podium with those two great shots from rizole and Jasongag.

Back
Top Bottom