B&W RESULT: #04 Black & White Challenge

Yes, it is nice when some likes one of your photos but I think there is some danger in allowing outside influences to affect your own path. Be true to your own instincts and when you go on a tangent remember where you left off.

At my age remembering anything can be a challenge! However...if a lot of people like a certain style then i think its affirmation one is on the right path,no?
Zurich is frikkin freezing

Destry rides again
Diana, Snapseed
fullsizeoutput_3a00.jpeg

Can I ask Linda, what do you think is more important, making money or making art ?

Whats important to me today as my sight diminishes is to create photographic memories. I now look at things in a way i never did before. Small details become important, a bug on a flower, a cloud formation, strange shadows, raindrops on a window. If this is art, its of paramount importance to me now. And im astonished when a picture sells. Your question was very personal and i hope it wont get asked again.

Whats important to me today as my sight diminishes is to create photographic memories. I now look at things in a way i never did before. Small details become important, a bug on a flower, a cloud formation, strange shadows, raindrops on a window. If this is art, its of paramount importance to me now. And im astonished when a picture sells. Your question was very personal and i hope it wont get asked again.
I have a condition called keratoconus. It was misdiagnosed until I was in my 40's and meant I was never given glasses that corrected my defect until then. The day I got the correct prescription for my glasses I cried and cried and cried. I have quite good close vision but miss all details at a distance of more than a couple of meters. The details matter.

I have a condition called keratoconus. It was misdiagnosed until I was in my 40's and meant I was never given glasses that corrected my defect until then. The day I got the correct prescription for my glasses I cried and cried and cried. I have quite good close vision but miss all details at a distance of more than a couple of meters. The details matter.

The details do matter so much - the first flower nigella arvensis is all of 0.5cm diameter and the passiflora, well one can only marvel at the different complex elements in each.
b958776d7e06acc7c9110c9f6d4952c7.jpg

7254e162dbc2a28618713f08c2ed3e91.jpg

My humble apologies if you thought the question too personal. I assumed, incorrectly, that it was ok to talk about this as you are probably the only person on MobiTog that openly talks about selling. Again my apologies.

My humble apologies if you thought the question too personal. I assumed, incorrectly, that it was ok to talk about this as you are probably the only person on MobiTog that openly talks about selling. Again my apologies.

I refer you to the thread Artistic integrity vs sellout first discussed 27/2/16 by PicsbyJCG where several people were quite vocal abt pros and cons, and peanut earnings. So for your edification others openly talked abt selling, and i talk. Only difference imho is the tense.

Back
Top Bottom