B&W RESULT: #172 Black & White Challenge

So here we go:

... and the winner is (now I open the envelope) - sdimbour Sandra with her humongous bulb!
Despite of the the bulb (where did you get this thing from?) I like the clarity and the setting of the light, the shiny cloud right above the subject. Perfect.
00077890-fe88-427e-88f1-53ddd613dde4-jpeg.156911

The second winner is - Not exactly a tree by sinnerjohn John. I like pictures to discover things in. Here you try to see what's those 'fake' trees, 'what's the white thing on the water - a boat?'. Also the order of changing light and dark areas in the shot (sky, forest in the background, reflection on the water). This caught my eye right from the beginning.

img_0021-jpg.156807

and finally the third winner - I grab the last envelope now - JillyG Jilly with 'Not safe' in unsafe times.
For me this shot is very contemporary. On the dark side there is something massive which seems to be broken and couldn't bear its job. Then there is the bright water reflecting the sun - I like those opposites.

377daad7-225b-43c8-b1e0-5fa89d4044c0-jpeg.156860

But as always there were much more fabulous shots like rizole Rizoles 'Some trees and some water' where you like to see where this little stream is coming from.
Asif Asifs 'Nuts and Bolts' where the eye wanders around to see what kind of things to find.

I'd probably could continue but one has to come to an end! ;) So HMs to all I didn't mentioned by name!
Hope you all forgive for being so late this time!

You all stay safe and healthy and keep on shooting! :mask:

Last edited:
So here we go:

... and the winner is (now I open the envelope) - sdimbour Sandra with her humongous bulb!
Despite of the the bulb (where did you get this thing from?) I like the clarity and the setting of the light, the shiny cloud right above the subject. Perfect.

The second winner is - Not exactly a tree by sinnerjohn John. I like pictures to discover things in. Here you try to see what's those 'fake' trees, 'what's the white thing on the water - a boat?'. Also the order of changing light and dark areas in the shot (sky, forest in the background, reflection on the water). This caught my eye right from the beginning.

img_0021-jpg.156807

and finally the third winner - I grab the last envelope now - JillyG Jilly with 'Not safe' in unsafe times.
For me this shot is very contemporary. On the dark side there is something massive which seems to be broken and couldn't bear its job. Then there is the bright water reflecting the sun - I like those opposites.

But as always there were much more fabulous shots like rizole Rizoles 'Some trees and some water' where you like to see where this little stream is coming from.
Asif Asifs 'Nuts and Bolts' where the eye wanders around to see what kind of things to find.

I'd probably could continue but one has to come to an end! ;) So HMs to all I didn't mentioned by name!

Nice bit of judging, Tom! Super congrats to sdimbour Sandra for the win! :D And high fives to sinnerjohn John, JillyG Jilly and HMs Asif and rizole - well done everyone!

Thanks TomHH :inlove:
Really happy about that win and that bulb session:)
My sister found it on a beach. Just decided to bring it back for a photo session!!!

Congrats sinnerjohn and JillyG Great pics!!!

See you all Sunday for the judging

So here we go:

img_0021-jpg.156807

So here we go:

img_0021-jpg.156807

You brought a touch of The Oscars to the judging this week Tom, thank you. :D Congratulations to sdimbour Sandra - I love the idea of taking out a reflective light bulb with you. It’s a brilliant idea, as is the image. A worthy winner. Well done to sinnerjohn John for second place - looking through the reeds to the lake beyond is a great composition, and the swan just adds to it. Lovely one. And thank you very much for my third place. Why that safe is in the river is a mystery, but I suspect it was dumped there (or thrown over the bridge) to get rid of the evidence.:rolleyes: High fives to the HMs rizole Rizole, Asif Asif and everyone else. Okay, I’m off to the Gallery with Sandra’s lightbulb, watching the reflections as I go.

Last edited:
So here we go:

img_0021-jpg.156807

:thumbs:

Good win for sdimbour Sandra, that was my fave out of the lightbulb shots, a worthy winner.
Cheers for my 2nd Tom, that white thing is a swan as Jilly pointed out :) Yay to JillyG, she has a 'safe' pair of hands :lol: and back slaps to the HM's

So here we go:

img_0021-jpg.156807

Nice choices! (I liked that light bulb) Congrats to all!

Back
Top Bottom