B&W RESULT: #225 Black & White Challenge

IMG_0003.JPG

Come in, she said

Another hard as nails choice to make with a powerful and varied lineup. Such a wide selection of styles, forms and genres, it was hard to decide. In the end ive gone with my gut reaction for the most arresting images.
So in first place, the ever fascinating work of Sdimbour - with People and Reflections.
5D304CB0-DB66-4072-9BDF-AE68B42E634B.png

The powerful verticals ofset by the organic and flowing flag and the hirizontal movement of the crowd, duplicated in the wet pavement. Super.

Secondly, from one extreme to the other with Sinnerjohn's Come in She Said
935CFFB1-6CF7-4738-BF59-B192196D9667.png

Immediately this image held me and the wonderfully poetic title sealed the deal. Evocative, ethereal and minimal, it reminds me of a still from one of the fifties Ealing films. I can almost hear Fyfe Robinson doing an introduction.

And finally, with a rousing Third place and a return to form, is Rizole with the cracking shot - Drama.
81D34ACC-A625-47A2-B898-DA9DD21F39C5.png

At first view, its an interaction on the bacterial level, with flicking cillia and gaping vacuoles, then the eye recomposes and suddenly we are looking at suds in the washing up bowl again. It was almost pipped to the post by Garbanzo, but again, I went for first impressions.

Once more a great line up HMs to Starzee's emotional hands, Mike's classic derelict, Jillys sweeping lincolnshire vista and Nickleons graffiti'd passageway. The bar just gets higher and higher!

Another hard as nails choice to make with a powerful and varied lineup. Such a wide selection of styles, forms and genres, it was hard to decide. In the end ive gone with my gut reaction for the most arresting images.
So in first place, the ever fascinating work of Sdimbour - with People and Reflections.
View attachment 176477
The powerful verticals ofset by the organic and flowing flag and the hirizontal movement of the crowd, duplicated in the wet pavement. Super.

View attachment 176480
Immediately this image held me and the wonderfully poetic title sealed the deal. Evocative, ethereal and minimal, it reminds me of a still from one of the fifties Ealing films. I can almost hear Fyfe Robinson doing an introduction.

And finally, with a rousing Third place and a return to form, is Rizole with the cracking shot - Drama.
View attachment 176483
At first view, its an interaction on the bacterial level, with flicking cillia and gaping vacuoles, then the eye recomposes and suddenly we are looking at suds in the washing up bowl again. It was almost pipped to the post by Garbanzo, but again, I went for first impressions.

Once more a great line up HMs to Starzee's emotional hands, Mike's classic derelict, Jillys sweeping lincolnshire vista and Nickleons graffiti'd passageway. The bar just gets higher and higher!
Well-deserved Sandra :notworthy: I've enjoyed your whole series of the wrapped Arc. Congrats to John and Riz, too.:thumbs:

View attachment 176477

View attachment 176480

View attachment 176483

Congrats to Sandra sdimbour, fantastic series as Bill says and this one in particular conjures up images of the French Revolution for me.
Many thanks for my 2nd Bill, much appreciated :notworthy:
Yay to rizole, in spite of your moaning you still come up with the goods ;)

View attachment 176477

View attachment 176480

View attachment 176483

Congrats sdimbour, lovely shot. Well done sinnerjohn and yay me!

View attachment 176477

View attachment 176480

View attachment 176483

Well done Bill, lovely judging. Super congratulations to sdimbour Sandra for that fabulous image - soooo much movement in it. Marvellous. High fives to sinnerjohn and rizole Rizole for second and third respectively. Two quite minimalist images, but lovely to look at. Thank you for my HM and snaps to Starzee Star and Mike in VT Mike. Great work from everyone again. Okay, I’m off to the Gallery with the Arc de Triomphe - I hope the wrapping stays on! See you there.

Congrats Sandra, John, rizole, Mike, Jilly & Nick :thumbs: Another fabulous week of BW, and as always a treat to read the judge‘s comments:notworthy:

Back
Top Bottom