B&W RESULT: #233 Black & White Challenge

62DFA438-4FE1-42DB-8A61-C8C6B94A8B84.jpeg

Skylight
Snapseed

This challenge is now CLOSED (I waited a bit for Sandra to post, but she’s probably busy). Not many to choose from sinnerjohn John, but good ones nonetheless. When you’re ready, we look forward to seeing which are your favourites.:thumbs:

Fifteen to be precise JillyG Jilly, from eight people (not counting myself in this). The common denominator being they were all great images.

6 from terse
1 from ric alexander
1 from The Great Garbanzo
2 from NickLeon
1 from Starzee
2 from JillyG
1 from deepop
and
1 from RoseCat (who I truly wished would post more)

My 3 favourite images this week were Skylight from RoseCat, Skimmers from terse and Caravancan't by The Great Garbanzo

I'm always torn when I judge these challenges, between just giving the top spot to someone that doesn't win very often, or actually awarding to what I see as the best image. If its a proper challenge then the winner should really have the best image, regardless of how many times they have won in the past and regardless of how many images they have entered. That's how I see it anyway.

This weeks winner is terse with Skimmers.
1648997825170.png

A truly beautiful serene image, esp for someone like me that doesn't get to the sea that often. I'm pretty sure Ted didn't just walk along and snap it and walk off. There must have been some contemplation and quite a few discarded images that day.
The gulls the waves the empty space, all fantastic.

No second and third with so few images, but all were of a very high standard. We really need to get more people involved in the b/w or maybe it was just a slow week?

Fifteen to be precise JillyG Jilly, from eight people (not counting myself in this). The common denominator being they were all great images.

6 from terse
1 from ric alexander
2 from NickLeon
1 from Starzee
2 from JillyG
1 from deepop
and

My 3 favourite images this week were Skylight from RoseCat, Skimmers from terse and Caravancan't by The Great Garbanzo

I'm always torn when I judge these challenges, between just giving the top spot to someone that doesn't win very often, or actually awarding to what I see as the best image. If its a proper challenge then the winner should really have the best image, regardless of how many times they have won in the past and regardless of how many images they have entered. That's how I see it anyway.

View attachment 178806
A truly beautiful serene image, esp for someone like me that doesn't get to the sea that often. I'm pretty sure Ted didn't just walk along and snap it and walk off. There must have been some contemplation and quite a few discarded images that day.

No second and third with so few images, but all were of a very high standard. We really need to get more people involved in the b/w or maybe it was just a slow week?
Thank you John - the judge’s favourite should always win, irrespective. :thumbs: Congratulations Ted - you’re the birdman, and no mistake. It’s a beautiful image, and I love the reflections in the wet sand. Great work from everyone - thank you. Okay, me and the skimmers are off to the Gallery. See you there.

Thank you John - the judge’s favourite should always win, irrespective.
I don't disagree, but it sometimes seems that the same few people win week after week. Fair enough if they have the best images (of course they do) but more entrants would at least give us more choice. Not sure how we do this but I think Mobitog is going through a 'projects' driven phase.
So maybe when we see a great b/w in a 365 for instance we should scream B/W CHALLENGE!!

I don't disagree, but it sometimes seems that the same few people win week after week. Fair enough if they have the best images (of course they do) but more entrants would at least give us more choice. Not sure how we do this but I think Mobitog is going through a 'projects' driven phase.
So maybe when we see a great b/w in a 365 for instance we should scream B/W CHALLENGE!!
Yes, I’m all for screaming.:lol:

6 from terse
1 from ric alexander
2 from NickLeon
1 from Starzee
2 from JillyG
1 from deepop
and

View attachment 178806

Great choice!!! It caught my eye immediately.

Another thought: I often post more in the b/w challenge when I'm having trouble with the current MC theme. Often times I like the color version of a photo better, but it doesn't fit the theme so there's no place to put it except my fragments thread.

I wonder if the opposite is true, that when there's a popular MC theme, it draws off images from the b/w challenge. I have sometimes posted b/w and color versions of the same photo in the respective challenges, but not usually.

6 from terse
1 from ric alexander
2 from NickLeon
1 from Starzee
2 from JillyG
1 from deepop
and

View attachment 178806

Well done terse Ted! It’s a really lovely image.

Thank you for the mention, John! I was sitting at work the other day, looking out at the skylight and admiring the light…. and it occurred to me with a resounding “DUH” to photograph it. :rolleyes: I “saw” opportunities so often back east….its somehow become dormant since my move, but I’m trying to remedy that.

Back
Top Bottom