B&W RESULT:#31 Black & White Challenge

Wow, the juxta between those fantastic, menacing clouds and the sleepy little buildings beneath is amazing. And look how sharp! Is this straight from the camera - no edits? EDIT; Don't answer that last question. I can see the answer above. Truly awesome.

:notworthy:

[emoji33] but you weren't bleeding, were you? And on the picture he looks sooo cute!
No, no blood actually. He was just saying "Get off me!" And it didn't hurt. His cute looks drew me in, only to find he wasn't as cute as he appeared (ahhh, how many times has that happened :lmao:).

I think there are several ways. If you start with a scene that has both strong light (like bright sunlight) and your subject is in the shadows, you can expose the shot so that the shadowed subject is properly exposed, causing the brightly lit areas to be very overexposed, hopefully "blown out" and white.
Another way is the the editing. In an app that has offset adjustment (eg Enlight) or a gamma adjustment (iColorama is one I use frequently, butI'm sure there are many others) you can crank the adjustment to the max and everything will turn white. You would then mask out your subject or whatever parts of your photo that you don't want to be white negative space.

Wew it looks diff when just read it [emoji28] have to to try myself... Anw, thanks deepop [emoji120]

Little Beast

View attachment 95959
This was just before he bit me.:lmao: Well it was a hot day and he was on a diet. I'd interrupted him watching some people eating. Perfectly understandable really under the circs. It was at the Mobi Meet.
Fotor
What?? Did he really bite you? :eek: ! (He does have a cute face though...)

Postcard from Christer G.

iP SE, Dramatic B/W.

Story time.

As some/half/all of you might know by now, I got a new little friend, iPhone SE. My sixth (!) iPhone, but my first brand new (retail) iP - and also my most expensive mobile phone ever. Faced some odd, unexpected hiccups and road bumps setting it up, including having to buy a new headset, just to realize that it actually is the headset jack on the (new!) phone causing mayhem, not my old headset...

So, finally, I had the chance to shoot a decent pic, on my way to the nearest grocery shop (ran out of milk for my coffee, oh the horror), when stepping outside I got surprised by this strange weather: windy, rainy, a few seconds of sun, then it got obscured by "dark steel" looking, massive clouds. When the sun showed a small glimpse of itself, it also stopped raining. Hooray, perfect photo time, I thought, and walked past the crocery store, chasing rainbows (hey, that's an old Alice Cooper song). But if there ever was a rainbow at all, it too got obscured by those mean and lean clouds. But my rainbow hunt had led me to a spot where I've been shooting landscape pics since 2009, maybe earlier. So I dug my new baby out and whispered ok now, let's see what you got. The result shocked me. And making the pic bw later on really blew me away. Maybe not a winning pic, but I'm impressed - and that's all that really matters.

End of story, thanks for reading.

View attachment 95976
Love the story, and the resulting photo. I think you made a wise purchase. :sneaky:

IMG_6220.JPG

Port or Starboard?
Snapseed

Back
Top Bottom