B&W RESULT:#58 Black & White Challenge

OK, back from exercising, so on to judging.

First Place this week goes to rizole for Ikkle Piggies. Love all of the detail in this image plus the atmosphere in the sky and the fields. Great composition with the multiple layers of focus and interest in the foreground, middle ground and background. And who doesn't love pigs? First I thought Ikkle was a place, but apparently its a word, according to the urban dictionary, and means "little" with an accent. Who knew? Congrats!

Second place to Rog Venomator for his "over moisturized" portrait. I love the new portrait mode, but it doesn't often work as well in stage light BW as it does here. Perfect title and technique. Nice!

And third place to Sandra sdimbour for "painting". The more you look at this image the more you see. The spray paint cans and backpack on the ground, the improvised stool made of a briefcase, file box (?) and a paint can. The decorated steel pole in the sidewalk, the 3D effect of some of the painted surfaces. The artist seems to be looking at his phone while he paints - maybe creating an image from his screen? Lots going on here! Its probably great in color too.

Congrats everyone - another fun week!

First Place this week goes to rizole for Ikkle Piggies. Love all of the detail in this image plus the atmosphere in the sky and the fields. Great composition with the multiple layers of focus and interest in the foreground, middle ground and background. And who doesn't love pigs? First I thought Ikkle was a place, but apparently its a word, according to the urban dictionary, and means "little" with an accent. Who knew? Congrats!

Second place to Rog Venomator for his "over moisturized" portrait. I love the new portrait mode, but it doesn't often work as well in stage light BW as it does here. Perfect title and technique. Nice!

And third place to Sandra sdimbour for "painting". The more you look at this image the more you see. The spray paint cans and backpack on the ground, the improvised stool made of a briefcase, file box (?) and a paint can. The decorated steel pole in the sidewalk, the 3D effect of some of the painted surfaces. The artist seems to be looking at his phone while he paints - maybe creating an image from his screen? Lots going on here! Its probably great in color too.

Good choices! Congratulations everyone [emoji898]

Thanks Leslie for the 3rd place [emoji4] very proud!!!
Congrats Rizole and Rog for the win and 2n place [emoji106]

Thank you very much for the win. :notworthy:
Ikkle in this house, and possibly large parts of the UK, is baby talk. As in "Oh look at da ikkle wabbits" or "Id you gotta ikkle tummy ache?"
Not sure why I regressed when titling this pic for a forum of adults. Maybe it's 'cus ikkle piggies is cute, go oink.

Well done to sdimbour and Venomator for their fab pics. I've got skin nearly that well moisturised too. :feet:

Last edited:

Good one Leslie.:thumbs: Congrats to rizole Rizole for that lovely bucolic image, which is so much more than cute little hairy piggies. Well done Rog and Sandra - two great images. Venomator Rog’s glossy man is striking, and we can’t wait for sdimbour Sandra to return to see the finished result of all that painting. Great work by everyone this week and, as Leslie says, another fun week.

Okay, me and the porcine pair have a date in the Gallery. Here piggy piggy.:appwhore:

Thank you very much for the win. :notworthy:
Ikkle in this house, and possibly large parts of the UK, is baby talk. As in "Oh look at da ikkle wabbits" or "Id you gotta ikkle tummy ache?"
Not sure why I regressed when titling this pic for a forum of adults. Maybe it's 'cus ikkle piggies is cute, go oink.

Well done to sdimbour and Venomator for their fab pics. I've got skin nearly that well moisturised too. :feet:
Interesting... here is the US it’d be “widdle piggies”. At first I read ikkle as “yucky” as in ick... but then my mind figured out it was probably along the lines of widdle.

Interesting... here is the US it’d be “widdle piggies”. At first I read ikkle as “yucky” as in ick... but then my mind figured out it was probably along the lines of widdle.
I've used that too. There's also iddo which is short for "are you?" as in "iddo my widdle baby?" And of course ikkle, wikkle, widdle and iddo tend to be interchangable and blend into each other anyway. Its amazing they ever learn to speak given the rubbish we start them off with.

Back
Top Bottom