Image of the Month RESULT: AC #4

Right. On with the show. There have been some very ingenious entries, a couple of devious entries, and the re-entry of flat-earther ZenJenny into the modern world of geometry and music, with her Eureka!! shriek from the pythagoran jacuzzi in which she soaks her thesis-addled synapses as she finally realises that four sides of equal length arranged at right angles to each other make a square, the very same shape co-incidentally found on record covers, CD jewel cases and many beer, or even cocktail coasters at parties du cocktail.

Ah Jenny, I was so close to giving you the grand prize for your lambent and oh-so-clever cocktail glass as spotlit figure with a heart of glass. But sacre bleu ... Partie du Cocktail is not by Swing out Sister, who might be spinning out instead of spinning right round like a record should they get wind of the sacrilege. I'm afraid mixing and matching of artists and classic albums is not permitting on my watch, or indeed on my Apple watch, tablet or other mobile device. So take a bow, you get six pink jellybeans and a black one, in a square box, natch. Next term, please pay more attention in class.

Rosecat. Sneaky sneaky sneaky. I move to strike VinylizeMe from competition as it just makes it too damned easy. We can't have poor old Groovy slaving away for days over a smoking stylus while we put our feet up and let VinylizeMe do the heavy lifting. Having said that, your Lionheart puddy-tat was top notch and a most cohesive and compelling piece of mobitoggery featuring moggery.

JillyG ... you are the Ali G of mobitogging, blingtastic work, so bright, so vivid, so dazzling ... and yet in the midst of this riot of colour and chaos every so often you score an artistic jab to the solar plexus with a piece that pares things back and gets to the heart of the matter. I refer to your High Crimes, a green goblin of mysterious mischievous and criminal intent that for mine really hangs together and never strikes a wrong note. So I'm giving this Runner Up (I don't think there were enough entries to declare a winner for each album in any meaningful way).

Which brings us to this week's winner, and it's the indefatigable, occasionally irascible and artistically incomparable Groovy G, who pips JillyG by the pippermost pip of one of those tiny Chinese oranges with her finger-snappin', lounge-lovin' mellow songs for swingin' lovers, namely version one of Le Partie du Cocktail. The colours, the fonts, the vibe, the artistry and the conceptual thinking all come together in a piece of art that is groovy indeed, and quite possibly Gouvy to boot.

PS Pee Wee Herman called and asked if he could have his tux and bowtie back now.

PPS Needless to say all the efforts were appreciated, and please don't confuse my flippant reviewing style with a lack of consideration or care ... it's way harder judging these damned things than entering them, I think. Everyone's stuff was cool, some really nice ideas, but as Highlander said: 'There can only be one'. And as Arnie avered: "I'll be back."And as Rocky rejoined: "Yo Adriaaaaaaannnn."

It took me 10 minutes to clam down from laughing. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Wow! What a review! You made my day. Even if I wouldn't be on the winners list.
Please give my regards to Pee Wee Herman: No way!!!! Roger Rabbit already nicked the red one and the blue is for later reference. [emoji1]
zenjenny: sorry for you. Your glass person was really great.
So do all entries have their special touch.

Thanks Jason, hope you'll enter a few albums, too this time. Wish there would be more to join the fun. It's so interesting how the same quest leads even one person in multiple directions. I love it. [emoji4][emoji177]

Right. On with the show. There have been some very ingenious entries, a couple of devious entries, and the re-entry of flat-earther ZenJenny into the modern world of geometry and music, with her Eureka!! shriek from the pythagoran jacuzzi in which she soaks her thesis-addled synapses as she finally realises that four sides of equal length arranged at right angles to each other make a square, the very same shape co-incidentally found on record covers, CD jewel cases and many beer, or even cocktail coasters at parties du cocktail.

Ah Jenny, I was so close to giving you the grand prize for your lambent and oh-so-clever cocktail glass as spotlit figure with a heart of glass. But sacre bleu ... Partie du Cocktail is not by Swing out Sister, who might be spinning out instead of spinning right round like a record should they get wind of the sacrilege. I'm afraid mixing and matching of artists and classic albums is not permitting on my watch, or indeed on my Apple watch, tablet or other mobile device. So take a bow, you get six pink jellybeans and a black one, in a square box, natch. Next term, please pay more attention in class.

Rosecat. Sneaky sneaky sneaky. I move to strike VinylizeMe from competition as it just makes it too damned easy. We can't have poor old Groovy slaving away for days over a smoking stylus while we put our feet up and let VinylizeMe do the heavy lifting. Having said that, your Lionheart puddy-tat was top notch and a most cohesive and compelling piece of mobitoggery featuring moggery.

JillyG ... you are the Ali G of mobitogging, blingtastic work, so bright, so vivid, so dazzling ... and yet in the midst of this riot of colour and chaos every so often you score an artistic jab to the solar plexus with a piece that pares things back and gets to the heart of the matter. I refer to your High Crimes, a green goblin of mysterious mischievous and criminal intent that for mine really hangs together and never strikes a wrong note. So I'm giving this Runner Up (I don't think there were enough entries to declare a winner for each album in any meaningful way).

Which brings us to this week's winner, and it's the indefatigable, occasionally irascible and artistically incomparable Groovy G, who pips JillyG by the pippermost pip of one of those tiny Chinese oranges with her finger-snappin', lounge-lovin' mellow songs for swingin' lovers, namely version one of Le Partie du Cocktail. The colours, the fonts, the vibe, the artistry and the conceptual thinking all come together in a piece of art that is groovy indeed, and quite possibly Gouvy to boot.

PS Pee Wee Herman called and asked if he could have his tux and bowtie back now.

PPS Needless to say all the efforts were appreciated, and please don't confuse my flippant reviewing style with a lack of consideration or care ... it's way harder judging these damned things than entering them, I think. Everyone's stuff was cool, some really nice ideas, but as Highlander said: 'There can only be one'. And as Arnie avered: "I'll be back."And as Rocky rejoined: "Yo Adriaaaaaaannnn."

Wow. You'll be a hard judge to follow. Brilliant!

Rosecat. Sneaky sneaky sneaky. I move to strike VinylizeMe from competition as it just makes it too damned easy. We can'n."

Ah Jason you're a hard man. Good to find. I did actually know SoS were not the artists , and my poor attempt at ironic colonisation of the title (see the craftily-placed comma) wasn't deserving of the black jellybean, but thank you anyway.

Congrats Gouvy & all.

Okay, I've got the square bit - now to work on linking title & artist :confused:

Ah Jason you're a hard man. Good to find. I did actually know SoS were not the artists , and my poor attempt at ironic colonisation of the title (see the craftily-placed comma) wasn't deserving of the black jellybean, but thank you anyway.

Congrats Gouvy & all.

Okay, I've got the square bit - now to work on linking title & artist :confused:

[emoji8] you'll make it, honey. I'm sure this time will be your break through! [emoji106]

Congrats Gouvy & all.

Mea Culpa lol

Back
Top Bottom