Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
Number 4 of this challenge is now open.

What I'd like us to try to do is to reimagine some album covers chosen by the winner of the previous previous challenge. GroovyGouvy Gouvy won #2 and has chosen Jasongag Jason as the winner of #3 (I hope you're all following:)). Jason, you don't need to do anything yet until this challenge is over, when you will be the judge.

Gouvy has listed her favourite albums for us all to reimagine. They are:

Kate Bush – Lionheart
Swing Out Sister – Kaleidoscope World
Al Jarreau – High Crime
Meat Loaf – Bat Out Of Hell
And one you maybe never heard of but one of Gouvy's all-time favourites since 1979:
Phillips & MacLEOD – Le Partie Du Cocktail

Something for us all to work on there (including Gouvy) and one of Venomator 's favourites - Bat out of Hell. What I would say is, don't think of the music or the original album cover, just concentrate on the title and try to represent that in the square album cover format.

There are two challenge-specific rules and they are that the original artist or artists should
NOT appear on your cover and the image should be square. You can, however, put people, text, flora, fauna, aliens or anything else on it. Colour, black and white or a combo of both.

This challenge will run until 9th July. I know that's quite a long time for a challenge, but we're on holiday from 24th June until then and I'm not sure of the Internet access. But it gives us all more time to think about our entries.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.

Good luck and Happy Reimaginings!

Last edited:
Right, let's start things off with Kaleidoscope World by Swing Out Sister

image.jpeg

iColorama and TitleFX

Nice interpretation. Looks like a nice map, too..?

It's called Willie's World of Cacao. It came with some chocolate that Rog ordered. Willie Harcourt-Cooze owns a cacao farm in Venezuela and makes (in England) Rog's favourite chocolate. He takes it for medicinal purposes :D.

Last edited:
It's called Willie's World of Cacao. It came with some chocolate that Rog ordered. Willie Harcourt-Cooze owns a cacao farm in Venezuela and makes (in England) Rog's favourite chocolate. He takes it for medicinal purposes :D.

If only more people knew of the medicinal properties of chocolate, the world would be a kinder, gentler place.

Oh, cool. I was bogged down with work and various commitments all weekend. Forgot to check this ... so thanks very much GroovyG and all, an honour to win this as the standard was pretty darned high. Be good to see a few more members get into this challenge I reckon but to each his own I guess. There is a lot of stuff going on and you can end up spreading yourself a bit thin, on the flipside of that coin.

Number 4 of this challenge is now open.

What I'd like us to try to do is to reimagine some album covers chosen by the winner of the previous previous challenge. GroovyGouvy Gouvy won #2 and has chosen Jasongag Jason as the winner of #3 (I hope you're all following:)). Jason, you don't need to do anything yet until this challenge is over, when you will be the judge.

Gouvy has listed her favourite albums for us all to reimagine. They are:

Kate Bush – Lionheart
Swing Out Sister – Kaleidoscope World
Al Jarreau – High Crime
Meat Loaf – Bat Out Of Hell
And one you maybe never heard of but one of Gouvy's all-time favourites since 1979:
Phillips & MacLEOD – Le Partie Du Cocktail

Something for us all to work on there (including Gouvy) and one of Venomator 's favourites - Bat out of Hell. What I would say is, don't think of the music or the original album cover, just concentrate on the title and try to represent that in the square album cover format.

There are two challenge-specific rules and they are that the original artist or artists should
NOT appear on your cover and the image should be square. You can, however, put people, text, flora, fauna, aliens or anything else on it. Colour, black and white or a combo of both.

This challenge will run until 9th July. I know that's quite a long time for a challenge, but we're on holiday from 24th June until then and I'm not sure of the Internet access. But it gives us all more time to think about our entries.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.

Good luck and Happy Reimaginings!

JillyG quick question, can we use stock images in this challenge?
Quick answer = No... :rog:

Sort of, with qualifications, see below... ;)

Hope she says yes. [emoji4] my dogs last time weren't mine, but in my app. As well as the bugs. No one complained so I think yes. [emoji4]
It is not simply a case of no one complained Gouvy, unfortunately, even if it is someone's birthday... :whistle:

Our main raison d'être is based on being a Mobile Photography and Mobile Art Community that is built on its posted iMages being taken with and processed on a Mobile Device...

We have to take it on trust, especially with the volume of posted iMages and the extremely wide ranging ability of the devices and apps we use, our MobiMembers will honour this over-riding philosophy... :thumbs:

An executive decision :)confused:), yes you can.
Sort of yes you can but no you can't I'm afraid... :sneaky:

We realise we do sometimes have to move with the times, but our maxim has always been that 'iMages posted to MobiTog must be taken with and processed on a mobile device'.

This was broadened slightly to include tablets after the introduction of the iPad and has always included any Mobile platform, not just Apple's devices... :thumbs:

Within this mantra has been a strict no go for the use of any iMAges taken with a DSLR/Compact/Mirrorless or any other kind of digital photography/iMage making device that is not, strictly speaking, a Mobile Device!

However, we did recognise that for fun MobiChallenges, such as the EoS and other past Challenges, it would be churlish to impose the MobiTog rule without a little bit of give and take, which still relies on the Challenge Administrator and participants using an element of common sense.

So, we did agree to a slight relaxation of the strict Mobile iMages only approach, so that minor elements (only) of other iMages could be used to add to the broad range of bits and pieces thought necessary to enhance the Challenge potential - please note I suggested Minor Elements Only of other iMages and not entire iMages please?

As for stock photographs and iMages - the same as above regarding minor elements of stock iMages, but not the entire iMage, or greater part of it - it goes completely against one strict Mobile only philosophy... :coffee:

However, if the Stock iMage is a mobile photograph taken within the spirit and intent of MobiTog's rules, then as long as due credit is given for the source, we should have not issue with that whatsoever... ;)

Although, we will always encourage MobiMembers, where possible, to make the most of their own potential by taking and processing their own iMages, as it makes for much better understanding of Mobile Photography/Art and we can all then take more pride in our finished works... :rog:

Bat Out Of Hell. #2

image.jpeg

After I'd posted the other one I remembered my chopper with skull and I vaguely remembered that the original cover had Meat Loaf on a chopper motorbike (or did I dream that?). Anyway, after much erasing in Juxta and a bit of Stackables, here's version 2.

Quick answer = No... :rog:

Sort of, with qualifications, see below... ;)

It is not simply a case of no one complained Gouvy, unfortunately, even if it is someone's birthday... :whistle:

Our main raison d'être is based on being a Mobile Photography and Mobile Art Community that is built on its posted iMages being taken with and processed on a Mobile Device...

We have to take it on trust, especially with the volume of:oops: posted iMages and the extremely wide ranging ability of the devices and apps we use, our MobiMembers will honour this over-riding philosophy... :thumbs:

We realise we do sometimes have to move with the times, but our maxim has always been that 'iMages posted to MobiTog must be taken with and processed on a mobile device'.

This was broadened slightly to include tablets after the introduction of the iPad and has always included any Mobile platform, not just Apple's devices... :thumbs:

Within this mantra has been a strict no go for the use of any iMAges taken with a DSLR/Compact/Mirrorless or any other kind of digital photography/iMage making device that is not, strictly speaking, a Mobile Device!

However, we did recognise that for fun MobiChallenges, such as the EoS and other past Challenges, it would be churlish to impose the MobiTog rule without a little bit of give and take, which still relies on the Challenge Administrator and participants using an element of common sense.

So, we did agree to a slight relaxation of the strict Mobile iMages only approach, so that minor elements (only) of other iMages could be used to add to the broad range of bits and pieces thought necessary to enhance the Challenge potential - please note I suggested Minor Elements Only of other iMages and not entire iMages please?

As for stock photographs and iMages - the same as above regarding minor elements of stock iMages, but not the entire iMage, or greater part of it - it goes completely against one strict Mobile only philosophy... :coffee:

However, if the Stock iMage is a mobile photograph taken within the spirit and intent of MobiTog's rules, then as long as due credit is given for the source, we should have not issue with that whatsoever... ;)

Although, we will always encourage MobiMembers, where possible, to make the most of their own potential by taking and processing their own iMages, as it makes for much better understanding of Mobile Photography/Art and we can all then take more pride in our finished works... :rog:
An executive decision :)confused:), yes you can.

Sorry if I misled everyone. I will remember to ask a Staff Member next time. :oops:

Ok this is confusing, so if I wanted to do 'Bat out of Hell' and use a stock bat picture, as I would have little chance of taking a bat mobile photo. The stock picture wouldn't be allowed? But if I took a mobile photo of a bat photo that was not mine, it would be ok ??
Like Jilly's chocolate paper isn't her own artwork, but if its a mobile photo of that artwork its ok.

Ok this is confusing, so if I wanted to do 'Bat out of Hell' and use a stock bat picture, as I would have little chance of taking a bat mobile photo. The stock picture wouldn't be allowed? But if I took a mobile photo of a bat photo that was not mine, it would be ok ??
Like Jilly's chocolate paper isn't her own artwork, but if its a mobile photo of that artwork its ok.

Sorry Venomator, to disagree here again. Bomber apps have to be okay on those challenges relying more on creativity. They ARE ONLY mobile apps, you'd be able to check the content while we are listing which apps used.
I'd personally even accept stock photos as long as everything is within copyright uses.
I know you are clinged to the mobile idea and I am totally with you about that, but not everyone has the time to walk around a whole day to shoot something that fits the idea or paint what you need in hours when it's just two clicks ahead. Mobitog is fun and hobby and not serious work where you have to be restricted in creativity, (some) deadlines that are too tight to do a weeks job in.
I totally agree when it's a "snap a picture" thread like MC, MM and such and I do understand that for example EoS (what was in my eyes more fun when we had anarchy) is limited to find something in your roll to put in (and it must be yours), which I see as the challenge within the challenge.
And I agree to the limit that all has to be done on mobile devices, but I still want the option to use it all on my pictures, regardless of compact camera or phone app.
The magic of what can be done on mobiles is so gobsmacking wide meanwhile that I still hold the view "your picture, your use". And you won't believe it, I actually use the mobile sometimes to alter pictures and put them back to the desktop to use them in publications. Apps are often quicker and you know what to do in two taps instead of building a similar effect in Photoshop over hours.

I don't want to be any trouble here not a pain in the backside, but I also have my view, though not the saying which is perfectly all right. And sorry that I have to use so many words sometimes, but not always come the perfect word to my mind to take a shortcut. I want to be sure I didn't leave you with a pile of misunderstandings.
But I think the time has come to loosen the limits a bit. That's my birthday wish. [emoji16]
And I just have a kind of déjà vu: Didn't we discuss this all as well on a particular thread? I can't remember what the result was … either I've lost track or we never had one? [emoji15]
And haven't other cameras been listed on Mobitog as MobiToggers' favourites? Or did someone delete this part already.

Final question and short form:
[emoji117] Can't we have a poll, please? [emoji118]

This is quite brilliant

Thank you :).

By the way, I honed my "stacking" "skills" in the Wrecking Yard. I think it's sometimes considered a bit of a waste of time to wreck someone else's image, but it's a great place to practice. I might not have discovered my love of all things stacked if not for The Yard.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom