B&W RESULT: Black and White Challenge #285….. Ends Sept 24

You’re going to love it! Be forewarned. It may be cold. The morning we left the Grand Canyon it was 46°F at 6 AM. Bryce Canyon is about 8000 feet and the Grand Canyon is about 6000 feet. According to the people we spoke with it could even start snowing by November.
Thanks for that. We were definitely expecting cold in the mornings knowing what ‘desert’ type climates are like but that is even colder than I expected.

A tangled web
IMG_1595.jpeg

This challenge is now closed and awaiting the winning choice of our Master of Ceremonies, terse Ted. Very glad it’s not me. Some fantastic images!

BnW challenge #286 is
HERE.

Well, I got to it earlier than I thought, so here goes.

First goes to deepop for "Glass with decanter," which has a mysterious attraction for me. It's partly the delicate shadows on the back of the chair, partly the delayed surprise of discovering four shadows but only two (or is it three?) visible glasses, and partly something else that I can't quite put my finger on but has to do with the mood set by the lighting.

img_1383-jpeg.196094

Second goes to djingonthenet for "Hairy moth," a lovely not-quite-macro closeup. I love the way it fades from sharp to blur, the feathery trailing edges of the wings, and the sharp body with hairs going every whichway, like someone just got out of bed.

img_20230910_161116-jpg.195986

Third goes to Jacosta for her untitled image of a misty, swampy forest with so many shades of gray (and so different from the redwood forests where I live.)

fullsizerender-jpeg.196069

Honorable Mentions to rizole for the quirky geometry of Bracketing and the again nearly-macro Snail and to ImageArt for the busy, blurry Lunchtime ICM.

Well, I got to it earlier than I thought, so here goes.

First goes to deepop for "Glass with decanter," which has a mysterious attraction for me. It's partly the delicate shadows on the back of the chair, partly the delayed surprise of discovering four shadows but only two (or is it three?) visible glasses, and partly something else that I can't quite put my finger on but has to do with the mood set by the lighting.

img_1383-jpeg.196094

Second goes to djingonthenet for "Hairy moth," a lovely not-quite-macro closeup. I love the way it fades from sharp to blur, the feathery trailing edges of the wings, and the sharp body with hairs going every whichway, like someone just got out of bed.

img_20230910_161116-jpg.195986

Third goes to Jacosta for her untitled image of a misty, swampy forest with so many shades of gray (and so different from the redwood forests where I live.)

fullsizerender-jpeg.196069

Honorable Mentions to rizole for the quirky geometry of Bracketing and the again nearly-macro Snail and to ImageArt for the busy, blurry Lunchtime ICM.
Thanks, Ted. Congrats to djingonthenet and Jacosta and all the HM’s.

Back
Top Bottom